Finding gear is frustrating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding gear is frustrating

Finding gear is frustrating

So I've gone to Royal, Apex cycle, zdeno, 2 wheel motorsports, performance cycle

I'm looking for an Icon overlord or A* leather jacket gp plus or similar

Well I found nothing a few XXL or larger jackets, I find the inventory pretty sad this early in the season

I hear gp bikes has lots of selection but that's a 2 hour drive a really bad one from K-W

So what's left inglis in London and sturgess in Hamilton?

I don't blame people for shopping in the states via online retailers, might just have to do what most people do buy 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't fit

Re: Finding gear is frustrating

If you're in the CYYZ area any time, check out Jimmy at Velocity. I went in for the first time after work a couple weeks ago and was impressed with the product.

Not cheap, but I don't see a purpose of sporting inferior products while sliding down the pavement. I know I'll be at Velocity when I buy a new jacket this summer.
    2002 Honda CBR600 F4i | 2001 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Just order it online... *rolls eyes*...
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I feel your pain. Went out for a full day to Riders discount, Snowcity, Cycle World Superstore, Royal Distributing, and GP Bikes - Found just 1 single leather jacket that was something similar to what I was looking for/fit me moderately well. The only reason I go to these shops is stictly to try them on in order to purchase online. Others will probably try and flame me by saying I'm the reason for their lack of merchandise (due to me not supporting the Canadian economy); but when the Canadian price is drastically more expensive than having everything shipped and picked up at Buffalo, then it makes absolutely no sense to spend more money on the same product!

It has even reached the point where it's cheaper for me to purchase online via RidersDiscount and have the item shipped via USPS/DHL (where the only thing I'll be paying at the door is AT MOST $7 + Tax), and if it's not a proper fit, send it back. The $10 worth of shipping back to the states is less than the cost of fuel in order to get to my 'local' motorcycle shops

I've purchased almost all my gear from the states. There's just so much more options than what's available here and much cheaper.

Ps don't bother with Inglis for gear...they don't have much of anything.
    Matte White 06 CBR1000RR
    ~Full Ti Termignoni Exhaust/Custom Carbon Ti Muffler ~PCIII ~Flapper Mod ~BMC Race Filters ~AFAM -1/+1 ~Gilles Tooling VCR Rearsets ~Gilles Tooling X-Treme Levers Short ~SpeedoHealer ~Spiegler SS Lines ~GSG Rear Brake Res ~FP Racing Caliper Relocator Bracket ~Galfer Wave Rotor ~Pro Series C/F Swingarm Protectors ~CleverWolf C/F Tank Guard ~CRG Bar end Mirror ~8000K HID ~Powder Coated Wheels ~Hotbodies Smoked Flushmounts ~CA Smoked Integrated TailLight ~Smoked Windscreen

Why not just call one of these stores you went to and ask if they can order it for you, or just get it online.
    Sleeping is my drug,
    My bed is my dealer,
    and my alarm clock
    is the police.

Quote Originally Posted by REDBALLS View Post
    Why not just call one of these stores you went to and ask if they can order it for you, or just get it online.
    I did but the "orders are final sale and can't be exchanged" was quite the turn off

The lady at one store told me to "hit the gym to fit into these jackets"

Im 6' 200lbs wear a 36 jeans I have a little soft armor on the belly but in no way am I a big gut beer drinking hobo so I wasn't impressed

Its hard to know what fits, I have no problem paying a little more to be able to try it on, see how it looks and drive home with it as opposed to shipping and reshipping

I told one of the store's staff today after they said they sold all the L and XL ones "if it sells why would you not restock it"
    Last edited by YYZ_Guy; 05-01-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Just go for a nice drive or ride if weather is nice to GP Bikes, they really do have a large selection of jackets and Icons.

You should post what your looking for in a jacket, what size your looking for, maybe someone has a lightly used jacket that they can sell you for cheap. I'm about 195 lbs, 5' 10" with some "soft armor" around the waist. My alpinestars jacket fits great with and without the insulated liner. Bought it from Sturgess. They have a good size selection and many jacket from astars, icon and I think Pro Street brand.

On your way to Sturges swing into www.brantfordmotorcycle.com when i was buying my gear i found them realy helpfull they have a pretty good selection of stuff. Give them a call first make sure they have the kind of stuff you want.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Im having the same problem. I've been looking for icon pants, simple right? Nope not really! I was at royal of Christmas and asked about them. Oh those ya we will have those before the tent sale in the spring. Well it's come and gone and still no pants. I would gladly order them but I would like to try them on first, and like already stated in the thread and order is a final sale. Which does kind of suck.
    Thinking of just calling snd then taking a tour down to GP bikes.

+1 for GP bikes. I know its far, but its usually worth it (for me). Browse their online catalog and see if you like anything, then just call them up and ask them if they have a XL, or 2XL. When I was buying a couple of my jackets I am pretty sure I saw a bunch of 3 XL's as well too. For your size sounds like an XL or 2XL should be perfectly fine.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Came back from Sturgess

Really top notch people and they had a very nice selection of gear

Just out of curiosity - why not get your gear made i.e. tailored to fit YOU? Just a thought that it would save you some serious grief and mileage...

Would fit like a glove, no worries about having it fit just right, or return policies...AND, if your weight fluctuates, you can go right back and have 'em change stuff up.

Just a suggestion (you may have your heart set on a specific brand, but figured I'd drop this in the discussion).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Just out of curiosity - why not get your gear made i.e. tailored to fit YOU? Just a thought that it would save you some serious grief and mileage...

Would fit like a glove, no worries about having it fit just right, or return policies...AND, if your weight fluctuates, you can go right back and have 'em change stuff up.

Just a suggestion (you may have your heart set on a specific brand, but figured I'd drop this in the discussion).
    Where would one think about getting some of this gear made?
    Thanks

Inglis in London did have overlord jackets in stock last time I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post

I'm doing this. They don't make gear for people with boobs. It's really annoying. Plus fiery advised me to get skin tight leather if I am to keep up my attention whoring ways.

Try out Velocity in Missisauga. Has great gear and it's custom. Great customer service too.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    I'm doing this. They don't make gear for people with boobs. It's really annoying. Plus fiery advised me to get skin tight leather if I am to keep up my attention whoring ways.
    Pic required so we can better understand what size qualifies as annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Style View Post
    I've purchased almost all my gear from the states. There's just so much more options than what's available here and much cheaper.

Ps don't bother with Inglis for gear...they don't have much of anything.
    Hi, where is the states do you get your gear from?