Parking Problems

Thread: Parking Problems

Parking Problems

I rent a room in a condo where the owner has been renting out the parking space to someone else in the building. I had told him that I would need the spot for the summer to park my bike and he seemed receptive to it. Long story short...that is not really going to happen now but I still need a place to park my bike. I've been keeping it at my buddy's place temporarily but want to have it in my building next week.

I've seen some guys park their bikes near the bicycle racks overnight and I'm thinking about doing this for as long as I can. I spoke to the security guys and they said they would have no issues with it...but I'm sure someone will complain eventually. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What are my options here? I can get a monthly overnight parking pass buts its $200/month and I can't move out until Sept.

Re: Parking Problems

Push it as much as you can. Worse case scenario if you get towed it will still cost you less than $200. Chances are they will ***** a couple of times before they tow you.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyss View Post
    I rent a room in a condo where the owner has been renting out the parking space to someone else in the building. I had told him that I would need the spot for the summer to park my bike and he seemed receptive to it. Long story short...that is not really going to happen now but I still need a place to park my bike. I've been keeping it at my buddy's place temporarily but want to have it in my building next week.

I've seen some guys park their bikes near the bicycle racks overnight and I'm thinking about doing this for as long as I can. I spoke to the security guys and they said they would have no issues with it...but I'm sure someone will complain eventually. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What are my options here? I can get a monthly overnight parking pass buts its $200/month and I can't move out until Sept.
    Any chance you could rent someone else's parking spot?
    It would be cheaper than a tow or the overnight pass.
    Failing that I would stretch it as long as I could and the board will/should send you notice to not park at the rack prior to towing, especially if there is building security.

Sorry to say that, but underground parking in Toronto + motorcycle = fail = bike stolen. Why risk it?