new UK motorcycle legislation.... scary stuff..... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new UK motorcycle legislation.... scary stuff.....

Re: new UK motorcycle legislation.... scary stuff.....

Just watched an old episode of Top Gear filmed in Japan. Apparently all vehicles there are factory limited to 180Km/h. That's not too bad (180 is nothing to sneeze at and most cars take quite some time to even reach that speed, if they can reach it at all), but it's still an arbitrary restriction. The good thing is that the Mitsubishi they tested recognized when they took it to the race track and removed the restriction there without any input/action required from the driver.

Speaking of limiters/restrictors, my '01 Sebring 2.7 was limited to about 185. I've hit it only once and never would have found out it existed if I wasn't on a closed course . I have no idea if my current '05 2.7 is limited.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

and the cars ding ding ding over 100 kph - now THAT is annoying.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by mongol777 View Post
    Is it France which limits all the bikes to 100H hp limit? I hope it will not happen here
    I got some ECU flashing equipment for 2006-2011 R6's and 2007 and 2008 R1's. I was looking over the R1 maps and comparing them to the factory maps. When I pulled up the "EU" bike model, I'm like WTF is wrong with this map? They retard the timing 35 degrees over 9000rpm?!?! lol. Easy to see in the ECU what they do to limit the power to 100hp.

Hope those peeps over there get all their ECU's flashed with the US bin

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by joed66 View Post
    I would vote for whatever government party opposes this if this was ever proposed in Ontario
    The Cons, Fiberals and the Dips voted for Bill 203 unanimously. Something to keep in mind
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Hmmm.... Modifying bikes in the UK illegal...? That means.... Suppliers will try to get rid of all their inventory ASAP and have a bunch of clearance sales for parts and exhausts! O_O

Nothing wrong with a 100 hp limit. As long as the bike weighs less than 400 lbs. Power to weight ladies, power to weight...............
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

I'd like to see the black box data from my bike at a track day lol

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    The Cons, Fiberals and the Dips voted for Bill 203 unanimously. Something to keep in mind
    Agree, but Bill 203 targets all vehicles in general, they are not singling out any specific group.

Politically its hard to fight 203 if the argument is that it makes "roads safer". You're not going to win that argument...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Speaking of limiters/restrictors, my '01 Sebring 2.7 was limited to about 185. I've hit it only once and never would have found out it existed if I wasn't on a closed course . I have no idea if my current '05 2.7 is limited.
    My GF's 09 R6 was quite throttle limited down low, "anti-wheelie rider safety" lol.

Before/stock ECU:

After:

The flash also removed the top speed limiter of 318km/h, but I think that's more for R1's, no way an R6 is going to get anywhere near there other than on the rear stand with really tall gearing!

My neighbour came over and showed me some Porsche flashes he's done recently, where the ECU was locked to 85% throttle!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Politically its hard to fight 203 if the argument is that it makes "roads safer". You're not going to win that argument...
    If you are not with us you are with the terrorists, child molesters, or any other fabricated or over-hyped public enemy flavor of the day. We will continue to have backwards, prohibitionist, alarmist, ineffective, etc. laws as long as we allow politicians and other public servants to pull arguments like that without immediate and severe repercussions to their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

After:
    That's a neat map if I ever saw one . Perfect symmetry .
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

If you are not with us you are with the terrorists, child molesters, or any other fabricated or over-hyped public enemy flavor of the day. We will continue to have backwards, prohibitionist, alarmist, ineffective, etc. laws as long as we allow politicians and other public servants to pull arguments like that without immediate and severe repercussions to their careers.
    LOL I dislike Bill 203 as much as anyone else here, but that's not the point...

LOL I dislike Bill 203 as much as anyone else here, but that's not the point...
    That is exactly the point. They couldn't produce hard data unexplainable by other factors to prove that this fascist piece of crap legislation did anything to make the roads safer than the laws that came before it (and they were real stiff towards street-racing and other criminal behavior).
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

That's a neat map if I ever saw one . Perfect symmetry .
    Thanks! I did her as smooth/symmetrical as I could, and my GF absolutely loves the new feel of the bike! Way smoother all the way till redline, instead of the big jump at 7,000, the jump at 9,000 and the big jump at 11,000.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^