Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

On a side note I went to kahuna on Friday and bought some boots and they gave me a last years price before alpinestars raised their prices.

Their gear service seems good.
    I just don't like their service portion.

Re: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Post counts only apply to situations like this. How easy could a competitor's employee join this forum and start bashing kahuna. This seems to happen a lot.

Btw I dislike kahuna a lot but I only have 500 posts
    Remember, it's impossible for someone to join the board and post a bunch of times to get his comments up so he can bash his competition. Impossible. Unbreakable laws of physics have decreed this to be so.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

^but I doubt some one with over 200+ post counts only came on the bash a competitor

Anyone below 10 post and rants about a certain company sounds and smells fishy

i dont have experience with having a bike serviced at kahuna but i do have (bad) experiences with buying accessories etc. i think it was enough for me to stay away from them.

4 examples to share for now.

1) very first experience was last year when i was looking to get a bike at that time, walked in, receptionist at the front was nice and all. walked around looking at the bikes. a couple of others were looking at bigger/more expensive bikes. i asked for someone to help me and i had questions i was told to wait while he attended to the big spenders. finally when the guy had time, he approached me again and started telling me the prices of the bikes right out the bat and started giving me their financing offers etc etc then he said 'is that within your budget or are you looking for something cheaper?' this all happened with me just saying 'hi, hows it going' right after he came back.

anyhow, i asked questions about the bikes and he dismissively answered 1 question and told me to look around. at this time another couple came in and started looking at the bigger/more expensive bikes again. so the dude told me 'ok, gimme one sec' as he walked towards the new couple and entertained them. big difference with the way he was interacting with the others than with me. i guess i was only looking at the smaller cheaper bikes.

2) accessories upstairs. it was the skinny lady with long blonde hair (she may have cut her hair now or something). i didnt know any better at that time. again this was last year, spring. she knowingly sold me an incorrect size helmet. it was the last piece and i guess she was just trying to get rid of it. she even said 'it looks good on me and fits me perfectly' and that i should get it and that she will give me a discount even. btw, she did help me measure and answered my questions about helmet fitting. in the end, helmet was 2 sizes bigger. found out later. i guess this is partially my fault for not getting enough information about helmets at that time. but i also thought these sales people can help us with the purchases thats why we go to a 'motorcycle' shop so we could get the assistance we need. good thing i met someone during the safety training who bought the helmet for her bf.

3) key cutting (recent). they should get their details straight. i called and asked if they can make a copy of a bike key. the guy said yes and to bring the key in and theyll make a copy. before heading there the following day, i called again to confirm, this time the guy said, they don't keep blanks and they would need to order them and proceeded to ask me details about the bike etc. he said to come in and pay a deposit for ordering the blanks. the next day i went to the shop to leave a deposit for ordering the blanks, but the guy at the counter told me that they can't order the blanks and cant make copies of the keys (wtf?!?!). then he said that with my bike, the whole ignition system will have to be replaced (another wtf?!?!). and he said, if i dont want to go that route, he recommended a locksmith who would need to make a copy of the key based on the ignition. and when i told him, i have an actual key to base a copy from and that i rode the bike to the shop, then he said it would depend on the locksmith since this is a vehicle key he might have to order a special blank etc etc and told me to talk to the locksmith. what a load of crap nuts bs. again, i thought going to a registered dealer for the bike would make things easier but not with kahuna people.

4) my wife bought accessories from them as well, same crap (last year also). they sold her the wrong size helmet, a supposedly new icon leather jacket with a missing armour/padding (we didnt notice til later when we found out that the jacket is supposed to come with it). they also told her that since shes got long hair she would 'automatically' need to get a bigger helmet to accomodate it (?!?! what, ball up her hair and put it in the helmet?!?!). again, wife didn't know any better at that time. sales pressure too. and try to return things to them? or exchange?!? good luck with that.

im sure everyone has different experiences with them. others may not just have as much time to do research research research and just rely on the expertise of the (hopefully honest and helpful) sales team. but now we've all learned which is the most important part. i guess.

sorry for the rant. im just sharing experiences. at this point kahuna doesnt exist to me anymore.
    Last edited by 5:12; 05-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

It really offends me when people insist on doing business "offline"

-Jamie M.
    Ahh, so that's why you're always hooking up with the underage ones...