Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Thumbs down Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Would NOT deal with these guys EVER AGAIN. Had a problem with my atv, it would die while idling in neutral. I called Sergio at service because Burlington Cycle told me two weeks of a waiting time till they will be able to look at my quad, anyway, spoke to Sergio, the goof told me 4 days to a week. Next day i took my atv there. Told the guy at the front desk of service that i replaced plugs, exhaust gaskets trying to pinpoint the problem. Besides asking him to find out what is wrong with the idle i asked him to check oil and diff fluids. The bike went in. 4 weeks later i get a phone call, and they are telling me that my aftermarket exhaust is causing my idle problem, told me to bring my stock exhaust pipe and muffler so they can put it on. I told them that it was doing an exactly the same thing with the stock pipe, NOPE they insisted. So i hopped onto 407 and drove there all the way from Oakville. Few days after that i get a phone call, that they found the problem, it was an ICS or ISC valve. They didn't have one, so i had to wait for them to get it. 170$ plus tax. Another 4 days passes by. Finally get a phone call saying bike is ready, drive there with my 3 year old (i'm a single parent), sign the papers, pay 500$, service guy drives out, runs fine. Put it on the trailer, drive home, can't get it to start to unload it, roll off the trailer in neutral. Tried 20 times, it would start ,run for two seconds, and die. Somehow got it into the garage. Called Kahuna, spoke to service, guy said "YEAHH... i used to have a quad like that, it would do same thing when cold", BS!!!!, it is fuel injected! Started putting plastics onto it, few hours later tried starting it again, it would do the same thing. Called service few times and left messages fo Lois and Tony. Nobody EVER even bothered to call me back.
    AND..... these people, replaced my sparkplugs, that i had to pay for them, even though i told them i have replaced them myself, put my stock pipe and muffler on!!!! and never fixed it. PERIOD. Now i have to put back my aftermarket exhaust and reorder a set of exhaust seals. Very incompetent

That was my wonderful experience with the BIG KAHUNA. Definitely i would NOT recommend these people to anyone. Should have gone to Burlington Cycle, at least there they were honest from the start and said "two weeks", unlike Sergio at KAhuna, yeah 4 days and we will get it fixed. My ***** 4 days.

It is very sad, that the dealer who sells these atvs can't/doesn't even know how fix them.

Re: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

1 post and words like "goof" not to mention the biggest run on sentences I have ever read on the interweb. Looks like a great review that many will read.

You can't cross post man. You can't post in the Kahuna thread and then make your own thread and post the exact same thing!

I didn't even read it past the first few words. I'm sure nobody will.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Paragraphs would be helpful. I got half way through and quit reading.

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    1 post and words like "goof" not to mention the biggest run on sentences I have ever read on the interweb. Looks like a great review that many will read.
    Number of posts means nothing... I've been riding for 30 years but only have 30 posts or whatever... means I'm not to be trusted against some noob with 3000 posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    You can't cross post man. You can't post in the Kahuna thread and then make your own thread and post the exact same thing!

I didn't even read it past the first few words. I'm sure nobody will.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Paragraphs would be helpful. I got half way through and quit reading.
    I read it. he is ranting, obviously ****** at getting ripped off, so let him rant. but ya don't cross post.

Post counts only apply to situations like this. How easy could a competitor's employee join this forum and start bashing kahuna. This seems to happen a lot.

Btw I dislike kahuna a lot but I only have 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Post counts only apply to situations like this. How easy could a competitor's employee join this forum and start bashing kahuna. This seems to happen a lot.

Btw I dislike kahuna a lot but I only have 500 posts
    Ok, you got a point, very true! That didn't occur to me... but I've only heard bad stuff about kahuna, but have never been there myself...

LOL.... sorry guys for double posts..... i was just furious no, i do not work for the competitors

Came back to add one more thing Today i removed my stock exhaust that Kahuna has put back on, guess what? They did not even install the exhaust gaskets No more comments
    And one more time... apologize for "ranting"
    ride safe!

Tl;dr

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    Maybe you should join a grammar forum. Just saying.
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Using the word "goof" is a lot more understandable than hsadoifjcksamnvolwancxvznsfakljsnvlhnwaz;hoz ;k(Keyboard Smashing) because of something or someone that pisses you off.

Are we bikers or English teachers...Give mmek a break....

Quote Originally Posted by dash8 View Post
    Ok, you got a point, very true! That didn't occur to me... but I've only heard bad stuff about kahuna, but have never been there myself...
    Really, that's odd, 'cause I've been going there for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTundraGuy View Post
    Are we bikers or English teachers...Give mmek a break....
    Has nothing to do with being an English teacher - you're judged on the internet by how you communicate, and that's done by inspecting how a person's writes and forms sentences (primarily; this typically doesn't apply as much to a "veteran" of a board who's identity has been formed over time). This is especially true when the person doing the posting has so few interactions (i.e. posts) with the rest of the community (I don't know the OP from a hole in the wall, therefore, the only thing I can judge him by is how he/she posts).

If the OP's rant was structured in proper sentences and punctuation (again, given their relative "newness" to the forums via their post count this is how they're judged, rightly or wrongly), more people would have read what they wrote (as it stands, all I see is a wall of text and a target for the "TL;DR" response).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I emailed Kahuna about wanting to buy a new bike. They emailed me back a day later saying "We would like to setup up and appointment for you to come in."
    I emailed back asking for some more details before I came in. Been two days and haven't heard a thing from them. So I guess they really are not interested in my business. Or have enough business coming through the doors to care for mine.

Btw, does anyone know if Burlington Cycle and Kahuna are owned by the same person? There website looks identical.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
    I emailed Kahuna about wanting to buy a new bike. They emailed me back a day later saying "We would like to setup up and appointment for you to come in."
    When I was trying to buy a new 08 R6 from them (they had an ad on Kijiji) I must have e-mailed 10 times. The first time I e-mailed, I got the same response back as you. All the rest went unanswered. The deal was too good to pass up so I just went in and bought the bike.

It really offends me when people insist on doing business "offline"

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    When I was trying to buy a new 08 R6 from them (they had an ad on Kijiji) I must have e-mailed 10 times. The first time I e-mailed, I got the same response back as you. All the rest went unanswered. The deal was too good to pass up so I just went in and bought the bike.

It really offends me when people insist on doing business "offline"

-Jamie M.
    Yeah, it's a shame some companies don't deal well with internet sales, but I understand their point of view though. I can't speak for bike business, but a buddy worked in car sales a while ago. He said there's a lot of emails coming in asking for quotes and what not, and 90+% of the time, the "quotes" are only used for them to use it against other dealership. So most sales person don't like dealing with internet sales since it's a waste of time resulting in very little potential sales. I guess it makes sense, since serious buyers like yourself would take the time to actually walk in and close the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame some companies don't deal well with internet sales, but I understand their point of view though. I can't speak for bike business, but a buddy worked in car sales a while ago. He said there's a lot of emails coming in asking for quotes and what not, and 90+% of the time, the "quotes" are only used for them to use it against other dealership. So most sales person don't like dealing with internet sales since it's a waste of time resulting in very little potential sales. I guess it makes sense, since serious buyers like yourself would take the time to actually walk in and close the sales.
    Yeah but the only difference is that I didn't even ask for a "quote" on the bike itself. I asked for Freight and PDI costs. Any processing fees and interest rate in case of financing. And if the price on the bike was negotiable.

I didn't ask for a quote on the bike at all. I work in the automotive industry. I know how things work at a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    if you are putting out tons of quotes and nothing is coming back. That means your quotes are high, not that the buyer isn't serious.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    if you are putting out tons of quotes and nothing is coming back. That means your quotes are high, not that the buyer isn't serious.
    Not necessarily, I sell used cars and I get tons of emails, I always reply with a solid answer and in a timely fashion.
    A lot of people are "dreaming" and the internet makes it easy for them to ask a lot of unnecessary questions.
    A serious buyer will reply/call to make an appointment and actually show up to see/drive/buy the car.

Out of 50 emails, I would say 4 or 5 are serious and 2 or 3 actually show up.
    The rest are just killing time in front of their computer screen.
    Mina