Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Thread: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

Would NOT deal with these guys EVER AGAIN. Had a problem with my atv, it would die while idling in neutral. I called Sergio at service because Burlington Cycle told me two weeks of a waiting time till they will be able to look at my quad, anyway, spoke to Sergio, the goof told me 4 days to a week. Next day i took my atv there. Told the guy at the front desk of service that i replaced plugs, exhaust gaskets trying to pinpoint the problem. Besides asking him to find out what is wrong with the idle i asked him to check oil and diff fluids. The bike went in. 4 weeks later i get a phone call, and they are telling me that my aftermarket exhaust is causing my idle problem, told me to bring my stock exhaust pipe and muffler so they can put it on. I told them that it was doing an exactly the same thing with the stock pipe, NOPE they insisted. So i hopped onto 407 and drove there all the way from Oakville. Few days after that i get a phone call, that they found the problem, it was an ICS or ISC valve. They didn't have one, so i had to wait for them to get it. 170$ plus tax. Another 4 days passes by. Finally get a phone call saying bike is ready, drive there with my 3 year old (i'm a single parent), sign the papers, pay 500$, service guy drives out, runs fine. Put it on the trailer, drive home, can't get it to start to unload it, roll off the trailer in neutral. Tried 20 times, it would start ,run for two seconds, and die. Somehow got it into the garage. Called Kahuna, spoke to service, guy said "YEAHH... i used to have a quad like that, it would do same thing when cold", BS!!!!, it is fuel injected! Started putting plastics onto it, few hours later tried starting it again, it would do the same thing. Called service few times and left messages fo Lois and Tony. Nobody EVER even bothered to call me back.
    AND..... these people, replaced my sparkplugs, that i had to pay for them, even though i told them i have replaced them myself, put my stock pipe and muffler on!!!! and never fixed it. PERIOD. Now i have to put back my aftermarket exhaust and reorder a set of exhaust seals. Very incompetent

That was my wonderful experience with the BIG KAHUNA. Definitely i would NOT recommend these people to anyone. Should have gone to Burlington Cycle, at least there they were honest from the start and said "two weeks", unlike Sergio at KAhuna, yeah 4 days and we will get it fixed. My ***** 4 days.

It is very sad, that the dealer who sells these atvs can't/doesn't even know how fix them.

Re: Kahuna powersports - nice experience, not!

1 post and words like "goof" not to mention the biggest run on sentences I have ever read on the interweb. Looks like a great review that many will read.

You can't cross post man. You can't post in the Kahuna thread and then make your own thread and post the exact same thing!

I didn't even read it past the first few words. I'm sure nobody will.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Paragraphs would be helpful. I got half way through and quit reading.

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    1 post and words like "goof" not to mention the biggest run on sentences I have ever read on the interweb. Looks like a great review that many will read.
    Number of posts means nothing... I've been riding for 30 years but only have 30 posts or whatever... means I'm not to be trusted against some noob with 3000 posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    You can't cross post man. You can't post in the Kahuna thread and then make your own thread and post the exact same thing!

I didn't even read it past the first few words. I'm sure nobody will.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Paragraphs would be helpful. I got half way through and quit reading.
    I read it. he is ranting, obviously ****** at getting ripped off, so let him rant. but ya don't cross post.

Post counts only apply to situations like this. How easy could a competitor's employee join this forum and start bashing kahuna. This seems to happen a lot.

Btw I dislike kahuna a lot but I only have 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Post counts only apply to situations like this. How easy could a competitor's employee join this forum and start bashing kahuna. This seems to happen a lot.

Ok, you got a point, very true! That didn't occur to me... but I've only heard bad stuff about kahuna, but have never been there myself...

LOL.... sorry guys for double posts..... i was just furious no, i do not work for the competitors

Came back to add one more thing Today i removed my stock exhaust that Kahuna has put back on, guess what? They did not even install the exhaust gaskets No more comments
    And one more time... apologize for "ranting"
    ride safe!

Tl;dr

Quote Originally Posted by dash8 View Post
    Ok, you got a point, very true! That didn't occur to me... but I've only heard bad stuff about kahuna, but have never been there myself...
    Really, that's odd, 'cause I've been going there for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    Maybe you should join a grammar forum. Just saying.
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Using the word "goof" is a lot more understandable than hsadoifjcksamnvolwancxvznsfakljsnvlhnwaz;hoz ;k(Keyboard Smashing) because of something or someone that pisses you off.

Are we bikers or English teachers...Give mmek a break....

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTundraGuy View Post
    Are we bikers or English teachers...Give mmek a break....
    Has nothing to do with being an English teacher - you're judged on the internet by how you communicate, and that's done by inspecting how a person's writes and forms sentences (primarily; this typically doesn't apply as much to a "veteran" of a board who's identity has been formed over time). This is especially true when the person doing the posting has so few interactions (i.e. posts) with the rest of the community (I don't know the OP from a hole in the wall, therefore, the only thing I can judge him by is how he/she posts).

If the OP's rant was structured in proper sentences and punctuation (again, given their relative "newness" to the forums via their post count this is how they're judged, rightly or wrongly), more people would have read what they wrote (as it stands, all I see is a wall of text and a target for the "TL;DR" response).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I emailed Kahuna about wanting to buy a new bike. They emailed me back a day later saying "We would like to setup up and appointment for you to come in."
    I emailed back asking for some more details before I came in. Been two days and haven't heard a thing from them. So I guess they really are not interested in my business. Or have enough business coming through the doors to care for mine.

Btw, does anyone know if Burlington Cycle and Kahuna are owned by the same person? There website looks identical.

On a side note I went to kahuna on Friday and bought some boots and they gave me a last years price before alpinestars raised their prices.

Their gear service seems good.
    I just don't like their service portion.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post

Remember, it's impossible for someone to join the board and post a bunch of times to get his comments up so he can bash his competition. Impossible. Unbreakable laws of physics have decreed this to be so.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

^but I doubt some one with over 200+ post counts only came on the bash a competitor

Anyone below 10 post and rants about a certain company sounds and smells fishy

i dont have experience with having a bike serviced at kahuna but i do have (bad) experiences with buying accessories etc. i think it was enough for me to stay away from them.

4 examples to share for now.

1) very first experience was last year when i was looking to get a bike at that time, walked in, receptionist at the front was nice and all. walked around looking at the bikes. a couple of others were looking at bigger/more expensive bikes. i asked for someone to help me and i had questions i was told to wait while he attended to the big spenders. finally when the guy had time, he approached me again and started telling me the prices of the bikes right out the bat and started giving me their financing offers etc etc then he said 'is that within your budget or are you looking for something cheaper?' this all happened with me just saying 'hi, hows it going' right after he came back.

anyhow, i asked questions about the bikes and he dismissively answered 1 question and told me to look around. at this time another couple came in and started looking at the bigger/more expensive bikes again. so the dude told me 'ok, gimme one sec' as he walked towards the new couple and entertained them. big difference with the way he was interacting with the others than with me. i guess i was only looking at the smaller cheaper bikes.

2) accessories upstairs. it was the skinny lady with long blonde hair (she may have cut her hair now or something). i didnt know any better at that time. again this was last year, spring. she knowingly sold me an incorrect size helmet. it was the last piece and i guess she was just trying to get rid of it. she even said 'it looks good on me and fits me perfectly' and that i should get it and that she will give me a discount even. btw, she did help me measure and answered my questions about helmet fitting. in the end, helmet was 2 sizes bigger. found out later. i guess this is partially my fault for not getting enough information about helmets at that time. but i also thought these sales people can help us with the purchases thats why we go to a 'motorcycle' shop so we could get the assistance we need. good thing i met someone during the safety training who bought the helmet for her bf.

3) key cutting (recent). they should get their details straight. i called and asked if they can make a copy of a bike key. the guy said yes and to bring the key in and theyll make a copy. before heading there the following day, i called again to confirm, this time the guy said, they don't keep blanks and they would need to order them and proceeded to ask me details about the bike etc. he said to come in and pay a deposit for ordering the blanks. the next day i went to the shop to leave a deposit for ordering the blanks, but the guy at the counter told me that they can't order the blanks and cant make copies of the keys (wtf?!?!). then he said that with my bike, the whole ignition system will have to be replaced (another wtf?!?!). and he said, if i dont want to go that route, he recommended a locksmith who would need to make a copy of the key based on the ignition. and when i told him, i have an actual key to base a copy from and that i rode the bike to the shop, then he said it would depend on the locksmith since this is a vehicle key he might have to order a special blank etc etc and told me to talk to the locksmith. what a load of crap nuts bs. again, i thought going to a registered dealer for the bike would make things easier but not with kahuna people.

4) my wife bought accessories from them as well, same crap (last year also). they sold her the wrong size helmet, a supposedly new icon leather jacket with a missing armour/padding (we didnt notice til later when we found out that the jacket is supposed to come with it). they also told her that since shes got long hair she would 'automatically' need to get a bigger helmet to accomodate it (?!?! what, ball up her hair and put it in the helmet?!?!). again, wife didn't know any better at that time. sales pressure too. and try to return things to them? or exchange?!? good luck with that.

im sure everyone has different experiences with them. others may not just have as much time to do research research research and just rely on the expertise of the (hopefully honest and helpful) sales team. but now we've all learned which is the most important part. i guess.

sorry for the rant. im just sharing experiences. at this point kahuna doesnt exist to me anymore.
    Last edited by 5:12; 05-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.