Instructor training

Thread: Instructor training

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Instructor training

Cat or Goldie can give you the info for Learning Curves and Crusingrrl can give you info for RTI

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    Cat or Goldie can give you the info for Learning Curves and Crusingrrl can give you info for RTI
    Learning Curves is a bit more relaxed. We dont look for "must have x years experience with x kms" etc.
    We look for for a passion for riding and a passion for sharing that passion. Its not a lot of money so you have to truely feel the rewarding side of it. I'll send you a PM.

Look at them all and see what schools suit your style/location etc.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Learning Curves is a bit more relaxed. We dont look for "must have x years experience with x kms" etc.
    True, but Don does like you to have an M.

And to expand on what Cat said; We also have you do two apprentice weekends as a 'job interview' kind of thing but there's no 100 hours of classroom training to do.
    -------------------
    '86 Virago XV700CS (in pieces)
    '85 Virago XV1000

Quote Originally Posted by ivandem View Post
    We also have you do two apprentice weekends as a 'job interview' kind of thing but there's no 100 hours of classroom training to do.
    The ministry does mandate a minimum number of hours of training for all instructors, but there is some discretion as to how the training is divided between classroom and on the lot training.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

I'm one of the new instructors for Learning Curves. I did 3 apprentice weekends. Mandatory is 2, but I felt more comfortable having the 3rd as 2 classes apprenticing and then having to teach is a little rushed I felt.

Weird that Humber is offering the instructor course so late I've been checking the website for a year and a half and it has always said they aren't doing instructor training...

As for the actual job, finish your apprenticeship and trust me, you'll be hooked! You get to ride all the beginner bikes and the people you work with genuinely love motorcycles. Its like being on this forum for 8 hours a day but your only hanging out in the new riders thread, and there's some more structure to what advice you give the up and comers.
    Last edited by wearelopey; 05-01-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Ideally (a couple years down the road), I'd like to do this as well. I won't be able to retire on the money, but it will be a nice bonus on top of seeing a lot of newcomers get hooked on this passion...

Speaking of which, I'm going to try and go back to Sheridan this weekend to thank my instructors.