Bicycle riders vs cage.

Thread: Bicycle riders vs cage.

Bicycle riders vs cage.

Following this thread on ADVRider.The hit happens well into the vid,but watch their behavior up till that point.I can see both sides of the story.But it's a real problem,especially when you throw e-bikes into the mix.There is a new e-bike rider in Waterloo that is just begging to be a hood ornament.It's a 3 wheel contraption that i have seen on main roads going very slow and in and out of traffic.Scarey!
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786370
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: Bicycle riders vs cage.

lol, the comments in that forum...meh, that driver had quite the runin with the popo afterwards when they picked him up..."On Friday afternoon, Medaglia was located by BPD officers in a room at the Jack London Inn in Oakland and arrested for possession of heroin, felony in possession of ammunition, violation of probation and felony hit-and-run, according to Greenwood." fun times, lucky that rider had a camera...

Can't view unless you're a member.

So lame!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Can't view unless you're a member.

So lame!
    So sign up."Jo Momma" is a great place! Esp the wtf pic thread.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

I'm not sure what the discussion would be about. I read a lot about this kind of thing in the States..seems there's a lot of anger down there..a lot of hate..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

the answer is to arm the bicyclists.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    the answer is to arm the bicyclists.
    I just read about another case in Arizona where a guy was going through a drive-thru in his SUV and he apparently nearly hit some guy with his vehicle. So the guy was yelling at him about nearly hitting him, the guy apparently feared for his life and shot him dead. The pedestrian never touched him or his vehicle..didn't have any weapon..and no charges filed. I guess that's the Wild Wild West..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Following this thread on ADVRider.The hit happens well into the vid,but watch their behavior up till that point.I can see both sides of the story.But it's a real problem,especially when you throw e-bikes into the mix.There is a new e-bike rider in Waterloo that is just begging to be a hood ornament.It's a 3 wheel contraption that i have seen on main roads going very slow and in and out of traffic.Scarey!
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786370
    There's another side to the story? All I see is a car driven carelessly into two cyclists.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    There's another side to the story? All I see is a car driven carelessly into two cyclists.
    Well...I didn't read the thread really..but I can imagine there is the usual "all over the road..blocking the lane" type of stuff in there. Honestly though, those guys were pretty good for cyclists..they pretty much stayed to the right..no real side-by-side, especially when cars were there. So yeah..nothing much there really other than careless driving..

IMHO when it comes to stop all way intersections cyclists should have the right of way without stopping. I don't blame cyclists that ride side by side. I believe it makes them safer. If cars try to squeeze by in their lane they might get hit. Stay behind them until it's clear to pass.