Tires from Motorcycle Superstore Installed at Big Ed's in Lackawanna (Buffalo)

Thread: Tires from Motorcycle Superstore Installed at Big Ed's in Lackawanna (Buffalo)

Tires from Motorcycle Superstore Installed at Big Ed's in Lackawanna (Buffalo)

So I needed 2 new tires and my wife needed a rear tire. We got Battlax 023 tires from motorcycle superstore online for my FZ6 and my wife's Ninja 650. The tires came to $175 cheaper for all three.

Called Big Ed's to see if he could install them and he was really nice over the phone and i just had to call him back in an hour so he could see if he could get some help in for Saturday when I wanted to go as he is a one man operation. Called back and I was good to go so I placed my order online before noon on Monday. Tires arrived by Thursday and on Saturday we made the somewhat chilly ride down crossing at Fort Erie. Took just under 2 hours from north Brampton.

Big Ed was awesome. He told us about a place we could walk to to get breakfast while we left the bikes with him. Unfortunately he was actually pretty busy so when we got back he was just starting on my bike. Took him about an hour and we got out around noon (arrived at 9:30) but I didn't mind the wait as we just talked to some of his customers and Big Ed himself while he worked on the bikes. He took the extra effort to do some little things like check the bike over and brushed off some rust on my wife's axle all for no extra cost.

If you plan on getting some tire in the USA I recommend Big Ed's. Bring some cash, it was $55 cash per tire for us which is pretty reasonable considering he accepted the tires and held them for me from the online store.

All in all we saved some money on the tires and had a nice ride down and around that area. Picked up some cheap tools from Harbor Freight tools on the way home so it was worthwhile for us.

55 US is insane for an install

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Tires from Motorcycle Superstore Installed at Big Ed's in Lackawanna (Buffalo)

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    55 US is insane for an install

Especially per tire.

so you saved $175 on the tires, then paid $165 for the install, plus had to ride to the states, pay gas and tolls. SWEET DEAL

Yeah got my set of Pirelli diablo for $250 at royal d with tax and got Mikey moto in Brampton to install for $30 for both front and back.

Re: Tires from Motorcycle Superstore Installed at Big Ed's in Lackawanna (Buffalo)

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    so you saved $175 on the tires, then paid $165 for the install, plus had to ride to the states, pay gas and tolls. SWEET DEAL
    Would I not have to pay to have them installed here as well? I know 55 a tire is not the cheapest, but last time I was at Rosey Toes it cost 35$ to install the front tire. Not sure what he charges for a set. So from the 165 I would have had to pay a portion of that regardless to have 3 of them installed. If I wanted the cheapest possible deal I guess I would order from the US pick up the tires in the car then have them installed bringing them in off the bikes. The ride was not a hassle and the toll was 3.25 on the way home through rainbow bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Yeah got my set of Pirelli diablo for $250 at royal d with tax and got Mikey moto in Brampton to install for $30 for both front and back.
    He did front and back when you brought in the bike not just the tires for $30?

I brought rims but he said he charges $35 a tire on the bike

$85 both front & back at Heritage Auto & Powersports (Keele & Ingram). Daniel is a super guy along with everyone in his shop.
    He has a top notch machine that won't scratch/dent your rims. plus, if you buy from Pete's superstore, you can ship the tires directly to Daniel. i've changed 1 front and 2 backs with Daniel now, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Whose prices are you comparing the savings to?

Ted (Rosey Toes) charged me $80 for front and rear tire swap today. Rims were on bike.
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    Whose prices are you comparing the savings to?
    To Petes with tax and shipping came to around 175 less for 3 tires