Couldn't find a spot to mount O2 sensor for AutoTune, crazy solution :)

Thread: Couldn't find a spot to mount O2 sensor for AutoTune, crazy solution :)

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Couldn't find a spot to mount O2 sensor for AutoTune, crazy solution :)

So I finally got my Autotune to fix my running super rich problem

But I couldn't find a good spot to mount the O2 sensor. The manual said to make sure you mount it after all of your collector pipes join into one, but the problem is, that happens RIGHT before my muffler, so there wasn't much room to put it there

I'm thinking about putting it in one of the "2 into 1" pipes, between the exhaust mount bolt and the oil pan in the above pic, but then the O2 sensor wouldn't be sitting exactly perpendicular to the pipe, plus only sniffing the two cylinders

I really really wanted to get it "AutoTuning" for the long group ride today, so had to come up with a solution... lol. And I thought my Two Bro's was loud before... take out the baffle and put this cannon on the end, OMFG!

Works FREAKIN SWEET!!

I designed a "super fuel save" AFR target map for it, so it'll be lean in the cruising area (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears, at 59% throttle and below, between 4000rpm and 8250rpm). At 60% throttle and above it throws out fuel economy for all out power

The ride today was 193km's round trip, and NO FUEL LIGHT! It usually comes on around 180, or 185 if I've been babying it, and I was riding it HARD today, right to redline so I could "fill all the cells" in my autotune, so for sure I'd be getting WAY better fuel mileage normally. By my calculations I'm getting 18% better cruise mileage and 4% better WOT mileage, win all around!

Only problem with the cruise area is a more abrupt on/off throttle, no smooth transition from deceleration to acceleration, exaggerated by my +3 rear sprocket I'm sure, but nothing I can't get used to.

I'm not able to tell what throttle position I'm actually cruising at which kinda sucks, so my buddie Mark made me up a little LED read out that'll show my throttle position, live, on the fly, so I'll better be able to narrow down my actual "cruise area". I'll get it installed soon and snaps some pics and a vid

Bike is making SO much more power now! Normally when I'm riding hard and shift into second it'll pop the front wheel up a few inches and settle back down. Today I was ripping it like normal but when I shifted into second the front wheel came up and up and up! I had to bail out of the throttle and slap it down, it surprised me so much

I'm thinking once I drive it around a bunch and get all the cells filled nicely and the trims start to level out I'll remove the AutoTune, still undecided as I'm running so lean in the cruise area I kinda want to keep the AutoTune hooked up so it can make sure it never goes too lean. Not sure if I'm going to put the baffle back in the Two Bro's though

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-30-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...