2 riders caught by OPP - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 riders caught by OPP

Re: 2 riders caught by OPP

Quote Originally Posted by carboncat View Post
    when i lived in NS, there was a guy who decided to run, ended up hitting the back of a car, killing the driver and himself. under NO circumstance is running worth risking your life or the lives of others. just pull over and deal with it.
    While living in Toronto, There was a guy that decided to run, he made it home to his sandwich before the 5pm startrek started...don't see your point?
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

lol dont see the point...... how about i make it simple for you.
    under no circimstance is runnimg worth risking your life or the lives of others. Just pull over and deal with it.
    can you see the point? or do I need to use a bigger font size? or do you need a pop up book ?

under no circimstance is runnimg worth risking your life or the lives of others. Just pull over and deal with it.
    can you see the point? or do I need to use a bigger font size? or do you need a pop up book ?
    While I don't condone running and think those who do get what they deserve, you have to face the reality that you hear about the riders who don't make it, not all of the ones who get away.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

My comment was in reference to you giving us an example of when someone ran and something bad happen, i know of many times when someone ran and nothing happened, so I don't see the point of you bringing up that example as for as many times as someone has got caught or hurt there are probably as many times when someone gets away with it, I guess you missed my point

Your point about not been worth it, that is for others to decide, not me - my decisions are my own and i do not ask for consultation of such things on a public forum

It is funny how people get so uptight about this topic, we are all just having a conversation about something, no need to get pissy or rude as we all agree that running is not a good idea, however that does not mean you will die if you do like your example implied because it happened once
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-30-2012 at 02:02 PM.

thats the problem , someone runs, nothing happens, gets away with it 5 times even, then he kills someone.
    but then again, this is gtam. party on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    My comment was in reference to you giving us an example of when someone ran and something bad happen, i know of many times when someone ran and nothing happened, so I don't see the point of you bringing up that example as for as many times as someone has got caught or hurt there are probably as many times when someone gets away with it, I guess you missed my point

Your point about not been worth it, that is for others to decide, not me - my decisions are my own and i do not ask for consultation of such things on a public forum

It is funny how people get so uptight about this topic, we are all just having a conversation about something, no need to get pissy or rude as we all agree that running is not a good idea, however that does not mean you will die if you do like your example implied because it happened once

He is simply providing information so that OTHERS can decide based on all the information....not just your side of the argument.

As far as I'm concerned...it was rude of you to disregard his statement as pointless just because you don't agree with it. Others reading this thread now have more information when making their decision.

If you're going to have a conversation - no need to get pissy or rude if someone post something contradicting your opinion.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

As I have posted before - usually in those threads where people ask whether there are rules preventing cops from chasing.

the Criminal Code of Canada allows the police to use lethal force to stop people running away from them. - See Section 25.

ZX600 got pissy when i posted that before too.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    He is simply providing information so that OTHERS can decide based on all the information....not just your side of the argument.

As far as I'm concerned...it was rude of you to disregard his statement as pointless just because you don't agree with it. Others reading this thread now have more information when making their decision.

If you're going to have a conversation - no need to get pissy or rude if someone post something contradicting your opinion.
    My side of the argument? I couldn't care two ***** about what you think Paul and what your opinion is, that is my side of the argument.

Now you made me get pissy!

he is providing information and so do I - two points of view, that is all. I wasn't the one that said and I quote "or do I need to use a bigger font size? or do you need a pop up book ?" so who is been rude here?

Move along, nothing to see here
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-30-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: wrong word

The ban hammer is a coming.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    the ban hammer is a coming.
    too late....

My side of the argument? I couldn't care two ***** about what you think Paul and what your opinion is, that is my side of the argument.

he is providing information and so do I - two points of view, that is all. I wasn't the one that said and I quote "or do I need to use a bigger font size? or do you need a pop up book ?" so who is been rude here?

you never did answer the question

you never did answer the question
    Pop up books are scary, i prefer colors and drawings please

No...you were the one that posted "Don't see your point" after he was just providing information (contrary to your opinion).
    It is funny how people get so uptight about this topic, we are all just having a conversation about something, no need to get pissy or rude as we all agree that running is not a good idea, however that does not mean you won't die or kill someone if you do like your example implied because it didn't happen to a couple of people you know.

LOL
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    No...you were the one that posted "Don't see your point" after he was just providing information (contrary to your opinion).
    It is funny how people get so uptight about this topic, we are all just having a conversation about something, no need to get pissy or rude as we all agree that running is not a good idea, however that does not mean you won't die or kill someone if you do like your example implied because it didn't happen to a couple of people you know.

LOL
    Telling someone I don't see their point is rude? ok

Go back and read my posts, I explained why I responded that way, it was not a shot at him. You on the other hand, just read my post and came to conclusions without fully understanding, i get it, it is a zx600 post, you must be against it

You got me there... where is that damn sarcasm smiley

Telling someone I don't see their point is rude? ok

Go back and read my posts, I explained why I responded that way, it was not a shot at him. You on the other hand, just read my post and came to conclusions without fully understanding, i get it, it is a zx600 post, you must be against it

You got me there... where is that damn sarcasm smiley

Not much of a conversationalist if you fail to see the oppositions points.

Take off your blinders....open your mind....see the world...
    Last edited by Paul; 04-30-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: sp

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

I've seen arguing on these forums, but arguing about arguing? Classic.

Not to say i would run,but if I were the odds would have to be stacked in my favor -traffic for an advantage(maneuverability) and definitely knowing the area.I would imagine having at most 45 seconds to a little over a minute to lose him.I must say have never run nor ever had to
    Last edited by the bandit; 04-30-2012 at 05:59 PM.

I find that it's best to pull over as quickly as possible. The police know that you've got a fast bike and that you could potentially outrun them. Making their life easy seems to encourage them to go easy on you. IMHO.

My brother in law was caught doing 40 over, he pulled over and when the cop went up to him, the first thing the cop said is "wow, I'm shocked you stopped, I was waiting for you to take off" and because he stopped, he only got a 15 over ticket. Keep in mind that if you stop, then the cop might be nice.

holy Crap, Post 46 is way off in left field.

but then again, its his sandbox, and were just lumps of pooh that need burried
    Last edited by braveheart; 04-30-2012 at 06:47 PM.