2 riders caught by OPP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 riders caught by OPP

2 riders caught by OPP

I was riding with a friend up near hockley valley today and saw OPP had 2 sport bike riders having their bikes put on a flat bed tow truck. The road was River Road I think and quite twisty which has a 50 zone where they were nabbed assuming the were doing 50 over. Could they lose their bikes for good? Sorry about their bad luck

Re: 2 riders caught by OPP

Doesn't surprise me. It's a great high speed twisty road and very easy to go 50 over the limit. One just has to exercise self-control to avoid their bike ending up on a flat bed. I hope they only lose their bikes for a week and don't get nailed too hard by the police and insurance.

hate to bring up an old argument here. But in the grand scheme of things, whats the difference between Stunting 50+ and running from the Cops ?

its only 1 more little charge.. Im guessing most insurance companies wont touch you with a 10 ft pole after a stunting charge, so really, whats one more charge ?
    the benefits far outweigh the punishment for getting caught

If I were on an SS bike, theres no way in hell im pulling over knowing full well the rammifications of a 50 over charge

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    hate to bring up an old argument here. But in the grand scheme of things, whats the difference between Stunting 50+ and running from the Cops ?

its only 1 more little charge.. Im guessing most insurance companies wont touch you with a 10 ft pole after a stunting charge, so really, whats one more charge ?

If I were on an SS bike, theres no way in hell im pulling over knowing full well the rammifications of a 50 over charge
    Ummm actually running from the police = dangerous driving plus flight from police, which is a criminal charge that can lead to jail time if not just loosing your LIC for a minimum of a year, and a 5 year massive hit on insurance if convicted
    So there is a huge difference between the 2! Not just one more "little" charge.....And also a 50 over is alot easier to fight in court, compared to a dangerous driving with flight...And cheaper too since dangerous driving with flight requires an actual lawyer because its criminal court
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 04-29-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltar View Post
    I was riding with a friend up near hockley valley today and saw OPP had 2 sport bike riders having their bikes put on a flat bed tow truck. The road was River Road I think and quite twisty which has a 50 zone where they were nabbed assuming the were doing 50 over. Could they lose their bikes for good? Sorry about their bad luck
    It's unlikely that the actual "event" happened in the 50 zone, but there are a couple of tempting long straightaways just west of that area, and those are marked 60. I went through that same road today with a group, and we didn't see any cops, but we keep the speed down in the straightaways just in case.

It's the possible consequences of running, also fleeing from the Police is considered a Criminal offense, and can turn into jail time !. Reminds me of that rider in Oshawa that ran a speed trap, ended up slamming into a car and is now in a wheel chair for life. In all honesty, what would a speed ticket of been in comparison ?. Same with the 50 over, sure it's one hell of a charge, but it's better then slamming into another car, possibly killing yourself, or another person. Furthermore, if you just pull over, and perhaps take a plea, it might look better on you in court if you co-operate, cause you know if they catch you running you are getting the whole book.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

that's telling him, glad you set the record straight.

Last year I was followed by a Dufferin County OPP officer from Hwy 10 and 89, along Prince of Wales road, all the way to River Road until I pulled over at the little fishing spot on River Road to have lunch. The officer continued along River Road and 5 minutes later I saw him coming back while still looking for me. Luckily I was having an extended lunch.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    It's the possible consequences of running, also fleeing from the Police is considered a Criminal offense,
    Obviously there are dangers to it, and the way you percieve it, is common sense, and you're 100% right.
    However, most guys that contemplate running dont have any to begin with. ( me included, cause i said i would run lolol )

there would be a million things to think about before even running
    did he see my plate ? Do i know this area better than him ?
    am i good enough to ride high speed? do i have the balls ?
    how good of a chance do i have ? where can i hide out ?

Dukes of Hazzard style !

Guys, remember, always scout your routes first if you wanna get freaky (on the way back)
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Obviously there are dangers to it, and the way you percieve it, is common sense, and you're 100% right.
    However, most guys that contemplate running dont have any to begin with. ( me included, cause i said i would run lolol )

Dukes of Hazzard style !
    hahaha, lol.
    Imagine all that going through your head on a ****ing 250, in January....

i wouldnt be running on a 250.

Its also hard to run from the radio......since they converge from all areas in a pursuit situation its not just the single car following that you have to elude.

Just sayin...so you can factor all the odds in and then decide if you still want to go for it.
    Yes I'll stop and not just because of the 250.

Dukes of Hazzard style !
    You watch too much tv.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Because that would be considered, walking.
    Never to be taken seriously. Ever.

That's why I love it when a 250 or 125 rider runs sweep
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by Kedo View Post
    Its also hard to run from the radio......since they converge from all areas in a pursuit situation its not just the single car following that you have to elude.

Just sayin...so you can factor all the odds in and then decide if you still want to go for it.
    Yes I'll stop and not just because of the 250.
    If by the time the radio call brings other patrol cars you are still around to be chased, you have no business running on the first place

That's all I am going to say
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    If by the time the radio call brings other patrol cars you are still around to be chased, you have no business running on the first place

That's all I am going to say
    So this one ride, I was fed up with the truck in front of me and passed him... as I passed and came over the hill, I see cops. Luckily I had just dropped me speed before they came into view, but I know they heard me. I rode slow, but thought "what if I run after this corner, just in case they choose to follow"... Come around the corner to find 2 more cops and a speed trap.

answer is always simple,

if you run, you better succeed.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.