2 riders caught by OPP

Thread: 2 riders caught by OPP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2 riders caught by OPP

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    And not to mention all the charges that *may* get tacked on to that e.g. resisting arrest, assault, etc. seeing that once you get caught (whether they catch you and cuff you or collect your still-breathing broken body from the side of the road), the po po isn't going to be in an overly-friendly mood and the takedown isn't going to be gentle.

Still get a good laugh that there are people out there that think they're Ghostrider and believe the odds are in their favour in outrunning the law...
    For a competent, thinking, and experienced rider they actually are in their favour. The possible outcome, however, is not something I'd be willing to risk on the odds.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    For a competent, thinking, and experienced rider they actually are in their favour. The possible outcome, however, is not something I'd be willing to risk on the odds.
    Ahhh, but that's the catch, isn't it though - you need to be competent, thinking AND a experienced rider.

I'd wager that many who run may have at most 2 out of those 3 qualifications, which invariably leads to disaster given that all 3 have to be present to make you a Ghostrider-type...

Not arguing that it can't be done, just saying that a lot of folks who do run are lacking in the traits you list.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Ahhh, but that's the catch, isn't it though - you need to be competent, thinking AND a experienced rider.

I'd wager that many who run may have at most 2 out of those 3 qualifications, which invariably leads to disaster given that all 3 have to be present to make you a Ghostrider-type...

Not arguing that it can't be done, just saying that a lot of folks who do run are lacking in the traits you list.
    I almost edited my post to add that point, but figured people would pick up on it anyway
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

running or not running, to some the outcome is just as costly...