Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

Thread: Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

Is that a stock bike he's riding (highly doubt it)? There's just as much electronic gadgetry on that bike as everyother bike in the AMA pits. Still awsome none the less.

Good point was made. Where do we stop? Will we be able to just pin the throttle and let the bike adjust the speed for corners? I still rock a carb and I am quite reluctant to go FI. I love a barebone bike.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Good point was made. Where do we stop? Will we be able to just pin the throttle and let the bike adjust the speed for corners?
    here is your answer

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

and the s1000rr does that, sort of

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    here is your answer

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

and the s1000rr does that, sort of

If five years ago I would have said the same about wheelies you would have posted the above. Here we are now with S1000RR that made wheelies "automatic".

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/64/989...omparison.aspx
    "The optional $1480 Dynamic Traction Control and Race ABS adds functionality to the power mode selection with traction/wheelie control and ABS. The traction control performs better than the standard equipment found on the Ducati; however, it is a bit more restrictive-feeling than the set-up employed by the Kawasaki. Furthermore the wheelie control element does not feel refined, which can actually make the bike more difficult to control in an experienced rider’s hands so we left it turned off. No sense in dumbing down those 183 ponies because we love what that brings to the table.

“The BMW’s electronics package is hard to beat,” explains Steeves. “I love the adjustable power modes and even the TC works great too, but the wheelie control has got to go. It’s just way too jerky. You’ll start doing a wheelie and everything feels good than in an instant the front wheel slams back to the ground. Then a second later when the engine gets on the pipe again it wheelies again just to slam down. It’s so bad that I had to turn the TC off.”

To each their own, personally I wouldn't want ABS or TC if it didn't come as an option or an on/off switch...Just like in my truck TC and all that jazz is safe and can be good, but takes the fun out of the almost 400HP it has...If I want to have fun I turn TC off...If a bike wont slide the front or rear wheels, or lock up the front or rear wheel, then I dont want anything to do with it. However I dont use a motorcycle as a commuter so riding for me is always for fun not safety....Riding is a funny thing, because there are so many different styles, some guys like to slides some guys dont...I think all the electronic technology is great, I just think it should always be an option on a sportbike, and or come with on/off and leave it up to the rider if they want to buy or use them

I am all for anything that makes riding on the street safer, one can always turn the electronics off for a more "pure" feel.

For the guy that rides once in a while on the weekends, and doesn't really care to be amazing at riding, having a k1300R thats essentially idiot proof makes lots of sense to me.

drawing the line at tech is so weird to me, its different for everyone, take paddle shifters on high end sports cars and you pretty much get what i am talking about.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

now just imagine the same conversation in this thread, but on an airline pilot forum. how scary it would be? haha

pilot: im hot sh*t and don't need extra electronics and instruments to tell me how i can fly this 747.

pro riders spend thousands of hours practicing their throttle, brake and clutch control. and still crash sometimes. but a few hot shots on gtam with a few track days a year think they are all that

we've all seen how reliable human beings are.
    Last edited by SkyRider; 04-30-2012 at 09:04 PM.