Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

1 minute 53 seconds long Suzuki corporate commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXU2P...layer_embedded

Real riders ride their bikes!
    Learn to ride and take control, as they said.
    All others should stay with 4 wheels.
    Last edited by Ikan; 04-29-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Re: Suzuki officially shows why TC not required!

except you're slowing down when sliding lol

I like the fact there is no traction controll but is there ABS?,
    Although traction and wheelie control can be turned off on most models.
    I doubt I would ever use it on dry pavement, but if I got caught in the wet it might come in useful.
    personally, I'm not sold on all the electronic gadgets. Although I haven't even rode a fuel injected bike yet.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

I view it as Suzuki making excuses for why they haven't developed a suitable and cost effective ABS/TCS system.

No doubt there is a market for the Luddites who think they have superhuman capabilities and don't want such things on their bike, and they are catering to that demographic.

I can understand not wanting to have ABS/TCS in specific situations but that's what an "off" button is for.

When some brain-dead cage pulls a left in front of you on sketchy pavement, ABS is a good thing to have. 99+% of riders cannot immediately go to threshold-braking without delay and without second-guessing and maintain control of their bike in that situation. It's all well and good for someone to be able to do that under repeated and controlled circumstances but when a car does that left turn in front, your instinct is to apply as much brake as possible (lockup) or rider is too scared to do that for fear of falling (under-application of the brake). I'm speaking as someone who has been there. (FWIW I locked up the front and hit the car in the process of tucking the front end.)

In this day and age, premium sport bikes ought to be available with the technology - and should have an "off" button for those times when the rider wants to do so.

There is a distinct possibility that regulators in EU will be making Suzuki's decision for them in the near future regardless of what Suzuki thinks. A government-mandated system might not have that "off" button. So what's better in the long term, a rider-controllable/selectable ABS/TCS system free of government mandate (which might be achievable if the industry voluntarily chooses to so equip their vehicles), or a government-mandated ABS system with no "off" button?

If ABS is a $500 option on a CBR250 then there is no reason why a GSXR shouldn't have it.

It should be an option, but don't many bikes come with traction controll standard?

I wonder if you can get an s1000rr without it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    I'm not sold on all the electronic gadgets. Although I haven't even rode a fuel injected bike yet.
    so... you don't ride a fuel injected bike because you dislike electronics? what kinda f'ed up reason is that? lol

Now for all those youngish riders out there just a reminder that the commercial was shot in a controlled environment, not on public roads, with an obviously skilled rider.

Personally I just liked the video and seeing a skilled person demonstrating what some can do. I can do that and have (under controlled situations of course). But obviously I cannot watch myself. LOL.

Just imagine, as things are progressing????, automobiles can park themselves, cars and bikes have traction control, ABS, Yaw, yin and yang controls........ in the next few decades the future humans will be asking, "You actually controlled and drove/rode those things? Why? Isn't that inefficient and dangerous?"

They will never know the experience of living and having to learn and be responsible in the ways we can and have to via our present modes of transportation whether they be for practical purposes or simply enjoyment as us bike riders know.

Heck, it seems that the mear suggestion of a snowflake here in Canada and the school busses and school system closes down for fear of being sued.

Anyways, this is a topic that will be discussed 'til the cows come home. Enjoy the slide.

Have a great day and ride safe.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

You don't need traction control when the bike is not on the tires. Typical Suzuki.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

It should be an option, but don't many bikes come with traction controll standard?

I wonder if you can get an s1000rr without it?

From BMW's site:

"....the BMW S1000RR comes standard in Canada with Race ABS, Dynamic Traction Control
    (DTC) and Gear Shift Assist...."

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    You don't need traction control when the bike is not on the tires. Typical Suzuki.
    Isn't that spelled Kawa...??

Be gentle now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    Isn't that spelled Kawa...??

Be gentle now!
    Nah, Suzuki. Oh crud! I own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I view it as Suzuki making excuses for why they haven't developed a suitable and cost effective ABS/TCS system.
    Pretty much. Wasn't Suzuki the first to offer electable ECU modes to help traction (A, B, C)? They also offered ABS from 2006-ish onwards with the Bandit 650/1250, SV650, Burgman 650 (2007+ 400s) and the V-Strom 650, which are not premium models. Their reluctance is peculiar to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    so... you don't ride a fuel injected bike because you dislike electronics? what kinda f'ed up reason is that? lol
    I dont ride a fuel injected bike becaue I don't have one!

I said I disliked a bunch of gadjets, not electronics.
    Last edited by krrakt; 04-29-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Alex

Nah, Suzuki. Oh crud! I own one.

That make 2 (Suzuki's ) but with no electronics beyond fuel injection I wonder how it knows to stay black tire side down??

I dont ride a fuel injected bike becaue I don't have one!

I said I disliked a bunch of gadjets, not electronics F***head
    Angry much?
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post

That make 2 (Suzuki's ) but with no electronics beyond fuel injection I wonder how it knows to stay black tire side down??
    My ABS controls some of that. lol

Must be nice to have enough skills to just go out and manhandle a GSXR1000..power slide into a wheelie..just for giggles. That's some mad skillz..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Angry much?
    Right, I change
    Alex

My ABS controls some of that. lol

All Black Strips (ABS) just like the commercial. I see your point.

Would you gsxr1000 owners please comment.

I read in a few places online that since the 2005-06 gsxr, the build quality has declined.

On ebay the 05-06 gsxr's are much more sought after than newer models from what I have seen. Why is that?

Have they improved the quality from the 07 and on bikes? I don't recall one specific reason but it was concerning Fit & Finish of the 07+ models mainly. To keep the price competitive some have suggested/
    Alex