Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
I view it as Suzuki making excuses for why they haven't developed a suitable and cost effective ABS/TCS system.

No doubt there is a market for the Luddites who think they have superhuman capabilities and don't want such things on their bike, and they are catering to that demographic.

I can understand not wanting to have ABS/TCS in specific situations but that's what an "off" button is for.

When some brain-dead cage pulls a left in front of you on sketchy pavement, ABS is a good thing to have. 99+% of riders cannot immediately go to threshold-braking without delay and without second-guessing and maintain control of their bike in that situation. It's all well and good for someone to be able to do that under repeated and controlled circumstances but when a car does that left turn in front, your instinct is to apply as much brake as possible (lockup) or rider is too scared to do that for fear of falling (under-application of the brake). I'm speaking as someone who has been there. (FWIW I locked up the front and hit the car in the process of tucking the front end.)

In this day and age, premium sport bikes ought to be available with the technology - and should have an "off" button for those times when the rider wants to do so.

There is a distinct possibility that regulators in EU will be making Suzuki's decision for them in the near future regardless of what Suzuki thinks. A government-mandated system might not have that "off" button. So what's better in the long term, a rider-controllable/selectable ABS/TCS system free of government mandate (which might be achievable if the industry voluntarily chooses to so equip their vehicles), or a government-mandated ABS system with no "off" button?

If ABS is a $500 option on a CBR250 then there is no reason why a GSXR shouldn't have it.
Ha. I've seen what you ride and how you ride Brian. You're living, riding proof that TC isn't really needed.

I doubt you're a Luddite in the truest sense of the word but you must count yourself as a traditionalist.