Somali pirates... pwned. - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Somali pirates... pwned.

Re: Somali pirates... pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Are we still debating this??? How about imposing mandatory birth control so in thirty years there ain't no more of 'em to shoot!!??
    ...oh...that statement won't incite a riot at all...

Lol.

IBTL/banhammer.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Firestart, we know your intentions are noble but you see things from the comfort of the first world. Our sense of morality does not apply everywhere. Tribal conflicts and civil war have been a part of many nations for thousands of years and that will continue within our lifetime. Until the Somalis can get there **** together, there's no sense in trying to change their ways.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Firestart, we know your intentions are noble but you see things from the comfort of the first world. Our sense of morality does not apply everywhere. Tribal conflicts and civil war have been a part of many nations for thousands of years and that will continue within our lifetime. Until the Somalis can get there **** together, there's no sense in trying to change their ways.
    This has nothing with changing the Somalis' ways other than effectively putting a stop to piracy. The ones who need to change their ways are certain unscrupulous Europeans and Asians and since an arsenal is already there that can be done at gunpoint. Other than being a good humanitarian measure and good for the planet that we all are living on, it will have the following effects on the piracy problem:

1) It removes any moral ground that the pirates may have
    2) Any Somalis still engaging in piracy after effective anti-poaching and anti-dumping measures are implemented, are to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice (FiReSTaRT-approved )
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    This has nothing with changing the Somalis' ways other than effectively putting a stop to piracy. The ones who need to change their ways are certain unscrupulous Europeans and Asians and since an arsenal is already there that can be done at gunpoint. Other than being a good humanitarian measure and good for the planet that we all are living on, it will have the following effects on the piracy problem:

1) It removes any moral ground that the pirates may have
    2) Any Somalis still engaging in piracy after effective anti-poaching and anti-dumping measures are implemented, are to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice (FiReSTaRT-approved )

Get rid of reason number one on your list and I think everyone will agree with you. You can't take the moral high ground by attacking, killing or taking hostage innocent people for ransom.

It's like saying my neighbors dog keeps crapping on my front lawn so that gives me the right to steel firestarts motorcycle.

If the local waters are safe from the poachers/dumpers, I won't shed any tears over anyone still doing a bit of constructive piracy
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

LOL constructive piracy....

As constructive (and effective) as standing outside a G whatever summit and waving a ****ing sign thinking it will make one ounce of difference.

At least the pirates can make money and aren't doing it for attention I suppose.

The poachers will stop poaching around the same time illegal downloaders stop illegally downloading. It's too easy and nobody is going to stop it no matter how many firestart tears are shed (online).

There is a pile of contractors itching to blow the Skinnies out of the water now. It's open season and soon AIDS will be the second biggest thing killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    LOL constructive piracy....

As constructive (and effective) as standing outside a G whatever summit and waving a ****ing sign thinking it will make one ounce of difference.
    I meant that as a joke, especially in that context, when it's anything but constructive

The poachers will stop poaching around the same time illegal downloaders stop illegally downloading. It's too easy and nobody is going to stop it no matter how many firestart tears are shed (online).
    The pirates were able to hit enough of them to extort'em for about $100,000,000 a year (just the poachers), which was enough to motivate'em to go elsewhere - at least until they got a military fleet standing guard over their illegal operations, so it wasn't that easy while the pirates had a free hand

$150M all in.

That's mostly cruise ships, Aid ships, legit transport, Research vessels etc.

I know you want to think it's poachers and dumpers but it's not.

It's mostly freight and because of them the insurance companies have jacked the price to the point where it's worth paying mercs to get into the mess.

Anyways, as no surprise it's turned into a circle talk so if nobody has any good videos of pirates getting theirs.....

it's turned into a circle talk

Talk? That's not the word I'd use.

Circle of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

yawn. . .

krivak class missile frigate lights up a fishing trawler with a bunch of somali pirates armed with ak's and a rpg or two. . .

. . .a trawler that is sailing away from them, at least a half mile away, and not firing on them. . .lol, wonder what the russian rules of engagement are. . .must be a bunch of bored first-world sailors wanting to beat their chests by murdering a few africans, right? lol, just like the good old colonial days. . .

boooooring. . .

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Ok, so your solution is to send warships to allow Europeans and Asians to poach and dump toxic waste with impunity and starve the Somalis to death, and if any local objects, drunken yahoos who paid for human-hunting tours can shoot at'em?
    So what you're trying to say is that we as Canadians should have attacked, robbed, and held hostage the Portuguese and Spanish fishing boats that were fishing in Canadian waters when we had quotas on cod fishing?

These are common thieves. They are probably the ones allowing the fishing and dumping of toxic waste. For a price of course.

Quote Originally Posted by afong56 View Post
    wonder what the Russian rules of engagement are
    Easy. If it's not Russian, kill it.

Easy. If it's not Russian, kill it.
    At least the ROE's are simple and easy to understand that way!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    At least the ROE's are simple and easy to understand that way!
    Lol, not so much ROEs as they are tenets of survival.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

must be a bunch of bored first-world sailors wanting to beat their chests by murdering a few africans, right?
    Well they won't be doing any more pirating will they?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

yawn. . .

krivak class missile frigate lights up a fishing trawler with a bunch of somali pirates armed with ak's and a rpg or two. . .

. . .a trawler that is sailing away from them, at least a half mile away, and not firing on them. . .lol, wonder what the russian rules of engagement are. . .must be a bunch of bored first-world sailors wanting to beat their chests by murdering a few africans, right? lol, just like the good old colonial days. . .

boooooring. . .
    We don't know what led up to that engagement. The pirates may have fired on a vessel or tried to board it before the frigate arrived on the scene. Then again, maybe the ROE is to swat the mosquito before it even has a chance to bite...
    Can't we settle this over a pint?