Scorpian EXO-1000 opinions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorpian EXO-1000 opinions?

Scorpian EXO-1000 opinions?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this deal: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=11626

Reviews I've read online are mixed, but I find you have to take online reviews with a grain of salt...

My riding style is touring / communiting - VFR800, sit more upright than tucked. Just looking for people with first hand experience. I currently own a Vega Summit 2 flip up that I picked up at a show for $70...so this would be an upgrade for me.

Is it worth the $124?

Thanks.

Re: Scorpian EXO-1000 opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Varrus999 View Post
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on this deal: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=11626

Reviews I've read online are mixed, but I find you have to take online reviews with a grain of salt...

My riding style is touring / communiting - VFR800, sit more upright than tucked. Just looking for people with first hand experience. I currently own a Vega Summit 2 flip up that I picked up at a show for $70...so this would be an upgrade for me.

Is it worth the $124?

Thanks.
    Yes. I've had the helmet for a year. The only problem is the upper airvents...I don't feel air from them =(

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Yes. I've had the helmet for a year. The only problem is the upper airvents...I don't feel air from them =(
    So far so good, I have no hair up top so I don't heat up so badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Varrus999 View Post
    So far so good, I have no hair up top so I don't heat up so badly!
    Well, if you're into winter riding. The anti fog stuff is good up to -10. Though at stops you need to open the visor.

Imo, at 124, it's really hard to find something better. Plus...it has a visor so you don't need sun glasses!

amazing bang for the buck if its 124...anti fog shields are so key, their visors u can buy to change out isnt very expensive either like 40 bucks.

but with the scorpion i find it kind of heavy, and the visor has opened up just a crack on me while im doing shoulder checks on the highway at about 120km.
    also i dont think the vents ventilate air very well in general.

but for 124, great helment that offers good protection, dot and snell approved. and good amout of features (quick change visor, sunvisor down, etc etc)
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Love mine, although after 2 1/2 years I'm well over due for a new visor lol. Never had a problem with the visor opening, but I tend to ride with it cracked open using the small lever. The drop down visor is a huge plus on the morning commute. I can leave in the dark and hit the bend on the QEW around the lake and ride into the sun with just a flick of the lever on the morning commute.

Nice helmet and definitely worth the cash. It's a heavy lid though.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

Owned Scorpion helmets for 5 years I am happy with them I purchased a Ex1000 which I am picking up on my next business trip to LA. I have tried the helmet in the past and I love it. It fits me very well.

+ great price, excellent fit.

- made in china, heavy, suspect build quality.

Does anyone stock them in the GTA to try on for sizing?

I have an exo 700. Air venting is the only drawback. This is in comparison to to my $500 shoei x-11 though.

Air flow is lacking, but if I remember correctly it still gets a little bit of air through the helmet.

Best feature was the anti fog visor. It actually didn't fog... ever. Mind you I only used it consistently for one season. I don't understand why Shoei has to have a pinlock, double visor to do what scorpion and other cheaper brands do with just a simple coating... They should at least give us the option, what's the worst that could happen?

Overall I really liked the helmet, at least in comparison to my Icon something or other that I got online...
    Last edited by wearelopey; 04-29-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Have one, love it. Bought mine at GP Bikes 2 years ago $240 when I bought my bike from them which I though was a decent discount from its original price at the time. $130 for it now, I'd pick it up.....

Pump up cheek pads, internal visor, anti-fog visor, super comfy, good looking helmet - GET IT!

Saw them at Kahuna Powersports, Burlignton Cycle might have them - maybe Oakville Yamaha (the new place that opend a few months back) call up before going though and try one on and order one.

Exo400 deal on ebay 80$ shipped. The seller is iron pony direct.

Sent from my calculator, using skills.
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!

Does it have cavity for speakers?

I got a Scorpian EXO 750 for my bday. I love the helmet. It really does never fog, it amazed me. And yes it does have little pockets for speakers.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

I love my exo400. They are a little on the heavy side and i'm not really sold on the inflatable cheek pads but still def worth 124 bucks.

I have the premium version - EXO 1100. Only other thing that fits a round head like mine is the more expensive Shoei RF 1100. The EXO 1100 is much lighter than the 1000 because it went ECE instead of SNELL so they got a bunch of weight off. The interior is really quality.
    2007 Solar Yellow EX500

Quote Originally Posted by zeromod View Post
    Does it have cavity for speakers?
    No, I cannot fit speakers or glasses into the EXO-1000. I have a Shoei RF 1100 ( I think, dunno the exact model name ) that serves as both my glasses and speaker helmet.

How do these fit size wise relative to a Shoei? I'm ready to retire my RF1000..
    to us there was nothing but girls and machines.....

I have an EXO900 that i use on the wing.Very versatile with being able to convert to an open face on really hot days.Heavy tho.
    I used an EXO700 for the track till i crashed it at Bogie last year (hey,it worked!).I found the ventilation in it to be better than my Shoei RF1000.And the liners are about $40 and can be replaced in seconds at the track.Big bonus if you sweat a lot.Sometimes the eps liner holes aren't lined up very well with the holes in the shell from the factory.Remove the liner and use a drill in your fingers to match them up better.Much better airflow.I've done this with a few lids.Don't do this if you afraid of compromising the lids ability to do it's job.I'm not.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"