I know some of you GTAMers are auto mechanics who work for someone/dealership. So your inputs are what I'm needing.

To come fully clean, I did a job in a hurry. I cut corners, didn't use the correct procedures, and did some redneck butchering.

I worked on a SUV at a dealership. The SUV needed a head gasket job. This is a 20+ hour book time job, so it was quite beyond my level to do. But the boss told me to go do it, so I did.

Most dealerships pay the techs flat rate. The jobs preferred in this environment are the simple, high paying, customer-paid jobs. Those are what we call 'gravy' jobs, and how we make money.

For a veteran tech, a head gasket job on a OHV V6 engine isn't that difficult. But for me with only 4.5 years experience, it was a tough job.

To make it worse, I didn't have the proper equipment ( pullers, torque wrenches) So I had to buy them. And the management cut the labor time to 60% of the book.

It was a very difficult and frustrating job. I lost about a weeks pay because of it.

But the job was eventually done. But the SUV runs rough.

It could be a minor adjustment that it's needed, but if the worst case comes on and another tear down is needed I don't want to do it. The vehicle ate me alive, and I want to move on.

So here is the question: If worst case comes and the vehicle cannot be fixed what responsibilities would I have to face? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.