back tire sliding -> normal? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: back tire sliding -> normal?

Re: back tire sliding -> normal?

Quote Originally Posted by biker122 View Post
    lol you guys are haters!
    i dont look like the people shown in the video lol im not sure how to describe my riding position...comfy?
    i checked tires today, they were at 34 front and 36 rear, i left them un touched.

i have a 91 honda f2 which is ~450lbs
    im 160lbs

when i posted this thread, i was very new to riding, but lately i havent noticed it happening. maybe it was just in my head, or maybe the roads are warming up?
    This could be as simple as tightening up on your grips and being overwhelmed with road input.

When you ride and your relaxed your grip is loose and road feel is muted, (ie you don't feel every little bump) when you start to get nervous or tense you grab the bars harder and you have a more solid connection to your bike and start to feel every bump. This increase in road feedback can make a rider think something abnormal is happening and make them even more nervous/tense, when in fact its all good.
    2009 Kawi ZX6r Ninja Monster Energy Edition
    2009 Kawi EX650

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    That's the recommended PSI Honda gave for my 2002 F4i and is still the same for my 2011 600RR. It's in the manual.
    Yes, confirmed. Sorry to have doubted you. It's just really strange, the OEM tire on the bike says MAXIMUM 42psi and the owners manual for the bike says RECOMMENDED COLD pressure 42psi! Wacked!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Are you sure that's "recommended" and not "maximum"? Got a link for your source?

-Jamie M.
    Sorry, I don't have the link handy, i simply did a Google search for "1991 CBR F2 tire pressure" and this is what i found on more than one web site.
    However, i agree with some other commenters, this is for OEM tires, if you have other make tires, you might want to check with the manufacturer for your bike.
    Issa

07 FJR1300A
    85 V65 Sabre