Need advice on a couple of tickets

Thread: Need advice on a couple of tickets

Need advice on a couple of tickets

Need advice on a couple of tickets.

1) Unsafe lane change

Got into an accident, and I was charged with unsafe lane change... Basically my rear bumper slide by his front tire (it was one of those dump trucks so it was elevated. There was no damage to the truck).

2) Permit not currently validated

I gave the cop a photocopy, but found the real permit with all the validation after the cop had written the ticket and wouldn't accept the validated permit.

I read the the unsafe lane change was 3 demerit points... I'm basically worried about insurance hikes. Should I hire a paralegal to try and reduce this?

Should I go to court no matter what, or just pay the tickets?

Re: Need advice on a couple of tickets

Well, You should go to the sticky thread in the "LEGAL" section of the forum that deals with fighting tickets, then post unanswered questions afterwards
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Is it different that there is an accident involved, although the damage is only on my car?

No different, just fight the ticket.
    Or use one of the agencies like Redline or Wewinoritsfree.com. to do it for you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by shibbi3 View Post
    ...was 3 demerit points... I'm basically worried about insurance hikes.
    Just so you know, those two things have NOTHING to do with each other

Insurance only cares about CONVICTIONS. If you take it to court and the prosecutor says "We'll waive the fine and get rid of the points, just sign here" that's TWO convictions plus probably an at-fault registered against you!

NOT GUILTY! Fight it like your life depends on it. If you don't think you'll be good, LAWYER is best, paralegal is next best.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...