Liability insurance question

Thread: Liability insurance question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Liability insurance question

Well he isn't my friend lol my gf's friend's bf...they think he is hiding something bc he keeps avoiding why he has to pay the city for damages if he had insurance....yes he was convicted of drunk driving as far as I know....he can't get his license back until he has paid the city back...which is quite a bit
    '05 ZX636

If he's paying it's likely he didn't have any insurance.

It appears that he was wrong, drove impaired and was convicted of the offence so he needs to learn from it, never repeat it and move on.
    Simply put it is time to own up to his actions and pay up.
    Otherwise we pay for his illegal mistakes and our premiums go even higher.

I took out a fire hydrant once and got the bill for it. I passed the bill on to my insurer and never heard back. I wasn't DUI though.

I thought insurance didn't have to cough up if the vehicle was being used in a criminal event. If DUI and dangerous driving are criminal charges would the insurer hopefully pay out to not-at-faults and then go after the vehicle owner for reimbursement?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    I took out a fire hydrant once and got the bill for it. I passed the bill on to my insurer and never heard back. I wasn't DUI though.

I thought insurance didn't have to cough up if the vehicle was being used in a criminal event. If DUI and dangerous driving are criminal charges would the insurer hopefully pay out to not-at-faults and then go after the vehicle owner for reimbursement?
    Read my post above.