09 Ninja 250 not starting...

Thread: 09 Ninja 250 not starting...

09 Ninja 250 not starting...

I last rode on Tuesday through some hail and rain and then went to start it today but it won't...It cranks but it seems like no ignition...My spark plugs were last changed at less than 15,000km ago and it just had engine work done by the Kahuna last August so the bike is in good shape.
    Is it possible some water might have seeped in somewhere and hasn't fully evaporated or something like that because its been kinda crappy weather. Also the bike backfired a couple times when I was trying to start it.
    I've never really had a problem like this ever before either and I've ridden in all sorts of conditions. Even in minus temperatures I've never had a problem starting it...Suggestions anyone? All I could think of is parking it outside in the sun and then trying again.

Re: 09 Ninja 250 not starting...

I heard alot of guys who own them say they are tempermental in the cooler temperatures.

Perhaps, someone who has one can pipe in on this.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

What kind of "ENGINE WORK" did you have done?!

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    What kind of "ENGINE WORK" did you have done?!
    pretty sure it was a top end rebuild. It had some bent valves and whatever else may go wrong from an attempted DIY valve adjustment gone wrong. It was covered under warranty and it still is. I'm thinking of just getting it towed to Kahuna and let them deal with it, but I'd rather be riding instead if I can. I've had it out and running fine as late as December and as early as January, just today it started acting up...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
    pretty sure it was a top end rebuild. It had some bent valves and whatever else may go wrong from an attempted DIY valve adjustment gone wrong. It was covered under warranty and it still is. I'm thinking of just getting it towed to Kahuna and let them deal with it, but I'd rather be riding instead if I can. I've had it out and running fine as late as December and as early as January, just today it started acting up...
    bent valves were covered under warrenty?

sounds like water....check the spark plug holes.

ok so I got her started. I opened the fuse box checked em and they were all good. Then after a couple tries and some encouragement she's started up and idling nicely...Lets see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
    ok so I got her started. I opened the fuse box checked em and they were all good. Then after a couple tries and some encouragement she's started up and idling nicely...Lets see how this goes.
    GRAB a water bottle and spray plugs/wires ect...