Marriage appeal? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Marriage appeal?

Re: Marriage appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    I can only remember getting cold approached and hit on FOUR TIMES EVER in Toronto and two of those times was by GAY GUYS (I am completely serious).
    I LOL'ed at that one

But I understand what u mean by that. In Toronto its different. Everytime I ride out of town and I know when I'm out of toronto, less idiots. People are much more friendlier overall in smaller towns. Even in Montreal, I think ppl are more open to discussion
    Resident Loudmouth

I hate to admit this, and only because I luv TO, grew up in scarbs my whole life, but there has been a shift in the way we interact with each other. Case in point, remember the big blackout we had? I met neighbours who I didn't even know had lived by me for 10 years!! People was havin bbqs in the dark an stuff. As soon as power came back I don't think I saw any of those people round the way, but for that first night that was awesome being able to just walk up an down the street getting burgers and beer, I think we should have a mandatory full blackout once every year to get people out of their homes and coming together. I went to Italy not too long ago. As a black man with no experience with the Italian language I figured I was gonna have a hard time getting around. Dead wrong! People were friendly like I've never experienced in my life! I honestly felt more at home there than I have in let's say the last decade to 15 years of living in the GTA. I mean, I got pulled over while I was down there for speeding, and as soon as they saw my Canadian passport they were as cool as any of my friends on the street!!

I mean, we as canadians have an awesome rep abroad. I was in England visiting a friend and he decided to take me to a pub my first night there. So im hanging out wit him and his boys, when they hear my accent "Oy, you a yank?" this guy asks me like he's asking me if I stepped in **** or something. So I was like"naw, I'm from Canada"... Dude I didnt pay for a drink for the rest of the night and had one of the best times that I was sadly too smashed to photograph!! So if this is how people see us and treat us abroad, what the hell is happening to us at home? I remember being made fun of being from Scarborough, "oh I guess you gotta duck alot from the bullets" and all that crap. Now we duckin everywhere, and not just bullets, seems like we're ducking each other to a certain degree.
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    2007 ZZR600
    Custom fairings from Nicecycle.com
    Custom projector/halo headlamps from xdcycle.com
    Yoshimura RS-3C Bolt-On Exhaust
    Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tire
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWyshbone View Post
    I went to Italy not too long ago. As a black man with no experience with the Italian language I figured I was gonna have a hard time getting around. Dead wrong! People were friendly like I've never experienced in my life! I honestly felt more at home there than I have in let's say the last decade to 15 years of living in the GTA. I mean, I got pulled over while I was down there for speeding, and as soon as they saw my Canadian passport they were as cool as any of my friends on the street!!
    This is probably the reason why:
    http://www.canadaatwar.ca/page24.html
    Resident Loudmouth

No, you got it all wrong. I COMPLETELY agree wtih the first part but it's not just in pickup but in general. People in Toronto seem to have this mentality of "anyone that's trying to talk to me that I don't know is trying to bang me". The first thought people seem to have here; "why is he/she talking to me?". This causes them to completely shut out any convos with strangers. This does NOT apply to all of Canada such as, I'd imagine, Alberta or Newfoundland.

I've had some very fun encounters with complete strangers in the US and Europe despite my very limited time outside of Canada. I remember at one point at a STRIP CLUB in Scotland I was talking and cracking jokes with another DUDE. There was NOTHING homo about it, but I can't see this happening here. I've had a chick completely cold approach me and try to pick me up at the Airport in Vegas. I can only remember getting cold approached and hit on FOUR TIMES EVER in Toronto and two of those times was by GAY GUYS (I am completely serious).

I realize that some of it has to do with the whole "vacation mode" mentality where people are more open to new experiences when on vacation, this includes making friends and yes, hooking up* but there is still definitely some truth there.

*Women tend to drop the ***** act on vacation and let their inner slut loose....it's kind of like the "I have to be a good girl in front of my friends/family" doesn't apply when you're a couple thousand km away from home and no one will know about your sluttyness.
    Buddy, I worked in a resort on a Caribbean island as a cabana boy when I was 21, you don't know the half of it

Funny thing is that once I moved to Canada I meet up with a few of the girls I "party" with down there, they were so different, like stuck up, down there was party every night up here they were "good girls"

good times!
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

I completely agree with this, and it applies to almost ANYWHERE you could want to visit.

I've had some very fun encounters with complete strangers in the US and Europe despite my very limited time outside of Canada. I remember at one point at a STRIP CLUB in Scotland I was talking and cracking jokes with another DUDE. There was NOTHING homo about it, but I can't see this happening here.
    That blackout was goodtimes. I agree with what you feel about people and how they interact as well, although I try and remain "normal" despite being surrounded by hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWyshbone View Post
    I hate to admit this, and only because I luv TO, grew up in scarbs my whole life, but there has been a shift in the way we interact with each other. Case in point, remember the big blackout we had? I met neighbours who I didn't even know had lived by me for 10 years!! People was havin bbqs in the dark an stuff. As soon as power came back I don't think I saw any of those people round the way, but for that first night that was awesome being able to just walk up an down the street getting burgers and beer, I think we should have a mandatory full blackout once every year to get people out of their homes and coming together. I went to Italy not too long ago. As a black man with no experience with the Italian language I figured I was gonna have a hard time getting around. Dead wrong! People were friendly like I've never experienced in my life! I honestly felt more at home there than I have in let's say the last decade to 15 years of living in the GTA. I mean, I got pulled over while I was down there for speeding, and as soon as they saw my Canadian passport they were as cool as any of my friends on the street!!

I mean, we as canadians have an awesome rep abroad. I was in England visiting a friend and he decided to take me to a pub my first night there. So im hanging out wit him and his boys, when they hear my accent "Oy, you a yank?" this guy asks me like he's asking me if I stepped in **** or something. So I was like"naw, I'm from Canada"... Dude I didnt pay for a drink for the rest of the night and had one of the best times that I was sadly too smashed to photograph!! So if this is how people see us and treat us abroad, what the hell is happening to us at home? I remember being made fun of being from Scarborough, "oh I guess you gotta duck alot from the bullets" and all that crap. Now we duckin everywhere, and not just bullets, seems like we're ducking each other to a certain degree.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Buddy, I worked in a resort on a Caribbean island as a cabana boy when I was 21, you don't know the half of it

good times!
    Dude, how did you convince yourself you needed to leave paradise and come back here? I'd think I could live like survivor-man down there, clams and fish all day, man I'm dying for it as I say it!
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Yea that blackout was an awesome time. I went out with my friends and ran into a bunch of great lawn parties where people were drinking a few beers and having a great time.

Toronto though in general has a horrible attitude, I've said that from the beginning. It's the fast paced life and attitude that no one is worth your time ( see Red and her gotta prove yourself to me in 5 minutes speech ). When I had laser eye surgery in Toronto, I needed a bit of help reading the signs at Union Station to see what connected to Oshawa, considering I was partly blind. I was not surprised when I asked the first 4 people and the response was the same " Sorry, I dunno ". Really..... you can't help me just look up at a screen and read the numbers for me ?, what don't you know ?. Finally I found an older gentleman, in his late 60's that gave me a hand and stayed with me until I got on the train. Props to you good sir !.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    maybe they just want to flirt, and being hitched makes you a safe flirt.
    ^ That.

As for attitude in general - it is different here than in other parts of Canada even. When I moved here from the prairies, people looked at me like I had three heads or something just 'cause I'd be friendly and talk to them.
    Last edited by Nyx13; 04-30-2012 at 09:41 PM.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

@ dr. Manhattan glad someone took the time out to help you. I wrote about a crash a had on my bike last year in Twyn Rivers in another thread. The only person out of like ten cars who stopped to come to my aid was an army medic from out of town(@ rmemedic, props to your peoples, man you guys are aces in my book for life!) never in all my years living in scarbs did I ever picture people driving by me sprawled out on the side of the road in broad daylight and not stop.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Yea that blackout was an awesome time. I went out with my friends and ran into a bunch of great lawn parties where people were drinking a few beers and having a great time.

Toronto though in general has a horrible attitude, I've said that from the beginning. It's the fast paced life and attitude that no one is worth your time ( see Red and her gotta prove yourself to me in 5 minutes speech ). When I had laser eye surgery in Toronto, I needed a bit of help reading the signs at Union Station to see what connected to Oshawa, considering I was partly blind. I was not surprised when I asked the first 4 people and the response was the same " Sorry, I dunno ". Really..... you can't help me just look up at a screen and read the numbers for me ?, what don't you know ?. Finally I found an older gentleman, in his late 60's that gave me a hand and stayed with me until I got on the train. Props to you good sir !.
    Uh yeah, I'm not from Toronto so I'm nice, unlike most of the people on this forum and the 5 minute scenario was pertaining to whether I could tell if one would be a viable match, not about a general attitude or anyone having to prove them self. Wtf? Go use some other mouthy redhead as your scape goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    It's Marilyn not Marylin Moore..........
    Thanks, corrected.

No, you got it all wrong. I COMPLETELY agree wtih the first part but it's not just in pickup but in general. People in Toronto seem to have this mentality of "anyone that's trying to talk to me that I don't know is trying to bang me". The first thought people seem to have here; "why is he/she talking to me?". This causes them to completely shut out any convos with strangers. This does NOT apply to all of Canada such as, I'd imagine, Alberta or Newfoundland.
    Couldn't agree more. Throughout the ENTIRE USA when I travelled it, everyone was amazingly friendly and hospitable. Only LA seemed most Toronto-ish, but it was still easier talking to people there than it is here, attitude-wise. I met one kid in San Diego who was a jerk, some street busker. But literally everyone else I met was friendly and social and I didn't feel like I was being judged or talked down to or anything like that. That kid in San Diego was something else, though... I wouldn't say he was representative of the town or anything, just a statistical anomaly.

I've had people walk up to me and insult me, when I was simply minding my own business, on more than one occasion in this town. Who does that? Who goes out of their way to walk up to someone and literally insult them to their face? Filthbag Torontonians, that's who. Too bad the rest of the world lumps these clowns into the "friendly Canadian" stereotype.
    Last edited by viper84737; 04-30-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post

Funny thing is that once I moved to Canada I meet up with a few of the girls I "party" with down there, they were so different, like stuck up, down there was party every night up here they were "good girls"

good times!
    I believe you dude. I've seen it first hand. One of my buddies went to Trinidad with some people including this one chick, and they hooked up pretty early on the trip and started acting like bf/gf though the whole trip. She came back and she went ***** mode and dropped him like yesterday's garbage. Nothing had changed other than their location.

I act exactly the same on vacation as at home. My morals don't change just cause my location does, but many people don't seem to think this way.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Lol how can you tell that someone's a waste of time within 5 minutes? Some of the most interesting people suck at talking to girls...how does that work out for you?

&zx600, hypothetically speaking, what are the steps to getting hired at a caribbean resort?

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Lol how can you tell that someone's a waste of time within 5 minutes? Some of the most interesting people suck at talking to girls...how does that work out for you?

&zx600, hypothetically speaking, what are the steps to getting hired at a caribbean resort?
    Just go start a business, the governments bend over backwards to help you.

get some scooters do rentals/tours.

I believe you dude. I've seen it first hand. One of my buddies went to Trinidad with some people including this one chick, and they hooked up pretty early on the trip and started acting like bf/gf though the whole trip. She came back and she went ***** mode and dropped him like yesterday's garbage. Nothing had changed other than their location.

I act exactly the same on vacation as at home. My morals don't change just cause my location does, but many people don't seem to think this way.

That because them think them pompom can mak beef patty.

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post

finish university, decide **** work and move to an island with your 2best buddies and teach scuba dive for a living, fail miserably at it and end up working for a hotel

that's about it

Sounds fun and it was, but after 4 years it was time to go and rejoin normal life, I was 140 pounds after 4 years of work and party and drinking and party and ...more party
    Last edited by ZX600; 05-01-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services