Marriage appeal? - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage appeal?

Simple solution - stop wearing your wedding ring. Problem solved!

Re: Marriage appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Either you two are among the 1% or you're both full of ****. Laws of probability suggest it's the latter.

Women want a fairy tale that doesn't exist. They want their Hollywood love story and will keep their blinders on in pursuit of it. I've been guilty of having my blinders on but it's the opposite, I have had tunnel vision and missed other opportunities because I was so focused on another. Women are the opposite, they will miss what's right in front of them because they're waiting for a guy that doesn't exist.

That fairy tale has two parts. Passionate and companionate. The passionate part comes first, the so called "honeymoon stage" of the relationship. That inevitably fades and the only way for a relationship to remain solid is for a strong companionate connection. Unfortunately the two stages have nothing to do with each other. A good passionate stage in no way indicates whether or not the companionate stage will be as strong. This is why girls date d-bags. They're strong and aggressive and take charge, but in the end they don't have what is needed to be best friends with their partner. Those men are a disappointment because once the honeymoon stage fades there is no strong friendship (because it becomes evident that they're d-bags).

My views on love are different than most, and they have repeatedly got me into trouble. I am looking for a girl to be my best friend, not just my girlfriend/wife/whatever..... then i get 'friend zoned'. You call it a waste of time, I consider it getting to know them a bit before I decide if there is any potential for a companionate connection.

In closing.

Sounds like you date immature or not so brilliant women. I may have been looking for a fairy tale when I was 19-24 but it becomes obvious very quickly that the fairy tale does not exist. And for the record, I married a "good guy" who I thought would always be loyal because I had had my fill of being disappointed by the awesomely entertaining yet not so faithful d-bags and that didn't work out either. I now think the main thing one has to find in a relationship that will stand the test of time is common goals. Because after the honeymoon phase, you will have something in common to keep you together. People, women, don't know what the hell to look for in a partner until they have made or witnessed a few mistakes, so this comes with maturity, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    Sounds like you date immature or not so brilliant women. I may have been looking for a fairy tale when I was 19-24 but it becomes obvious very quickly that the fairy tale does not exist. And for the record, I married a "good guy" who I thought would always be loyal because I had had my fill of being disappointed by the awesomely entertaining yet not so faithful d-bags and that didn't work out either. I now think the main thing one has to find in a relationship that will stand the test of time is common goals. Because after the honeymoon phase, you will have something in common to keep you together. People, women, don't know what the hell to look for in a partner until they have made or witnessed a few mistakes, so this comes with maturity, imo.
    If you figured it out at 24 then you were roughly ten years ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    That fairy tale has two parts. Passionate and companionate. The passionate part comes first, the so called "honeymoon stage" of the relationship. That inevitably fades and the only way for a relationship to remain solid is for a strong companionate connection. Unfortunately the two stages have nothing to do with each other. A good passionate stage in no way indicates whether or not the companionate stage will be as strong. This is why girls date d-bags. They're strong and aggressive and take charge, but in the end they don't have what is needed to be best friends with their partner. Those men are a disappointment because once the honeymoon stage fades there is no strong friendship (because it becomes evident that they're d-bags).
    I agree 100%... What's sad is that the d-bags always seem more appealing, to the point where many women have to make this mistake numerous times...

OP you have the classic case of "7 year itch" , its a well documented relationship challenge.

There are not more women hot for you, your no more appealing. in your head this is what you think is happening. Get a couple more years under your belt and you'll see a clear path. In the meantime don't f'up what you have it you think it may be the right choice for the long haul.

People are messed up that is all.......

Chicks trying to get it on with married dudes, guys trying to get it on with married ladies, married guys trying to get other chicks, married women trying to get with other dudes. I really do not get or understand it.

I've had more than one instance of men lying to me about their marrital status trying to get with me. It really sickens me. Also had a guy straight out tell me he has a wife at home and wants me to be his girl friend. WTF.

For me if I find someone attractive, I will flirt. If I find out they are taken or married, they are no longer attractive to me and wont try anything. When I have a bf and someone tries to hit on me I tell them straight out I'm taken and not interested.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

I'm no cocktease, I am just intimidating. Most men are all talk when it comes down to it.

Even attention whores get it right once in a while. Well done. But for "intimidating" read "pushy and annoying".

As to the OP, I have to say I hardly go out to anywhere "with the lads" apart from the track. Not big into the whole bar/club thingy. But the rare occasions I do go out I do get attention. Last night was no exception. Walked in a club about midnight. Within 5 minutes I had a girl mithering me and trying to get me to go talk to her mates as well. It may be something to do with the fact I really can't be bothered. I dunno. I never bother trying to figure them out. I just drug them, throw them in the back of my panel van and take them back to my cabin in the woods.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Even attention whores get it right once in a while. Well done. But for "intimidating" read "pushy and annoying".

As to the OP, I have to say I hardly go out to anywhere "with the lads" apart from the track. Not big into the whole bar/club thingy. But the rare occasions I do go out I do get attention. Last night was no exception. Walked in a club about midnight. Within 5 minutes I had a girl mithering me and trying to get me to go talk to her mates as well. It may be something to do with the fact I really can't be bothered. I dunno. I never bother trying to figure them out. I just drug them, throw them in the back of my panel van and take them back to my cabin in the woods.
    Ive seen this man in action. Every word he speaks is the truth.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I believe it, he has mojo
    Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Ive seen this man in action. Every word he speaks is the truth.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Yup, I like to weed out the wastes of time within the first 5 minutes. I am sure it can be very trying and offensive to some but I could care less. I have better things to do...you know like post asinine responses to bored peoples problems that they post on public forums for attention. Soon I will have my bike though and then I can drive around and act all cool like the rest of the bikers and get my attention that way

Yup, I like to weed out the wastes of time within the first 5 minutes.
    No offence Red but isn't that also a way to end up with the push-over type of guys? I know that personnaly, I wouldn't stick around someone I find abrasive.

PS: I'm not calling you abrasive as I've never met you. This is just based on your previous comments.

-int15
    -int15

Current ride: 2011 FZ6R
    First Ride: 2005 GS500F

Yup, I like to weed out the wastes of time within the first 5 minutes. I am sure it can be very trying and offensive to some but I could care less. I have better things to do...you know like post asinine responses to bored peoples problems that they post on public forums for attention. Soon I will have my bike though and then I can drive around and act all cool like the rest of the bikers and get my attention that way

Ooh, your sarcasm is rapier like. You have fun driving your motorcycle love. When you eventually get one. And make sure you wear dead tight leather as well for maximum lookatmeness.

Ooh, your sarcasm is rapier like. You have fun driving your motorcycle love. When you eventually get one. And make sure you wear dead tight leather as well for maximum lookatmeness.
    Thanks for the tip. Coming from a self proclaimed chick magnet such as yourself, I am sure to heed your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by int15 View Post
    No offence Red but isn't that also a way to end up with the push-over type of guys? I know that personnaly, I wouldn't stick around someone I find abrasive.

PS: I'm not calling you abrasive as I've never met you. This is just based on your previous comments.

-int15
    No, no push overs. Fiery and his like are frightened away

259 posts and doesn't even have a motorcycle.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    259 posts and doesn't even have a motorcycle.
    Hahahhahaha
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

A lot of resentment and sense of superiority from all the singles here.

There is no planet B.

Hey red dont listen to the haters here... I'll ride with you when you get your bike!!!! Got room on your friends-ladder?
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Thanks for the tip. Coming from a self proclaimed chick magnet such as yourself, I am sure to heed your advice.
    You're like a scratched record love. We get it. You're the real deal. Men everywhere lust after you. That is apart from the loser who you decided to live with and then played away on you cos your such a wonderful catch and a great girl. Honestly, you spout so much made up ***** you can't even keep up with your own BS.

For intimidating read boring narcissist.

Heed my advice; get a bike and learn to ride if you want to hang out on a motorcycle forum. Get a man and hold down a long term relationship. Then you can add to a discussion about marriage.

And now you're joining mmmnaked on ignore. Ta ta.

"All we need is love"

- John Lennon
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services