Marriage appeal?

Thread: Marriage appeal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Marriage appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    It's Marilyn not Marylin Moore..........
    Thanks, corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    No, you got it all wrong. I COMPLETELY agree wtih the first part but it's not just in pickup but in general. People in Toronto seem to have this mentality of "anyone that's trying to talk to me that I don't know is trying to bang me". The first thought people seem to have here; "why is he/she talking to me?". This causes them to completely shut out any convos with strangers. This does NOT apply to all of Canada such as, I'd imagine, Alberta or Newfoundland.
    Couldn't agree more. Throughout the ENTIRE USA when I travelled it, everyone was amazingly friendly and hospitable. Only LA seemed most Toronto-ish, but it was still easier talking to people there than it is here, attitude-wise. I met one kid in San Diego who was a jerk, some street busker. But literally everyone else I met was friendly and social and I didn't feel like I was being judged or talked down to or anything like that. That kid in San Diego was something else, though... I wouldn't say he was representative of the town or anything, just a statistical anomaly.

I've had people walk up to me and insult me, when I was simply minding my own business, on more than one occasion in this town. Who does that? Who goes out of their way to walk up to someone and literally insult them to their face? Filthbag Torontonians, that's who. Too bad the rest of the world lumps these clowns into the "friendly Canadian" stereotype.
    Last edited by viper84737; 04-30-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.