Marriage appeal?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage appeal?

Marriage appeal?

It seems that after 12 years of being with the same woman(5 yrs dating, 7 yrs married last week) I find I've been hit on by women more frequently after marriage than in the other 21 years of my life. I had no issues with women before I was married and my jobs throughout the years have all mainly had me dealing largely with the public, but the ring seems to be like some sort of beacon. There were occasions where i was hit on when my wife was present!

Im not trying to hate on anyone, but i was just wondering if there was some sort of extra attraction to a married guy over an available one. Theres gotta be some husbands here who can back me on this unfair practice? Where were these women when I was of use to no one, lol?! Why does it seem a man's stock goes up as soon as its taken off the market?
    2007 ZZR600
    Custom fairings from Nicecycle.com
    Custom projector/halo headlamps from xdcycle.com
    Yoshimura RS-3C Bolt-On Exhaust
    Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tire
    ...peace and love...

Re: Marriage appeal?

I'll let you know when I am married, but I find that the getting hit on have been increasing regardless.

.... you have been with a girl for 12 years but only had an "other 21 years" of your life?

what???
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Maybe they just want to flirt, and being hitched makes you a safe flirt.
    There is no planet B.

From what I know from talking with the opposite sex, is that a guy with a girlfriend, or in this case a wife is worth the time and effort if another girl is already with him, they assume he must be doing something right.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Women hit on married men for one of two reasons; the first one being because it is safe and they don't think it will lead to anything (cocktease) and the other reason being ego, snagging a married guy means they are so appealing to the opposite sex that men would leave their wives. Imho

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I'll let you know when I am married, but I find that the getting hit on have been increasing regardless.

.... you have been with a girl for 12 years but only had an "other 21 years" of your life?

what???
    Yup I met her at 21 and im 33 now we actually knew each other in high school, but she had a man so I didn't mess wit her. We ran into each a couple years later when I pulled up at her tims drive thru window
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    Women hit on married men for one of two reasons; the first one being because it is safe and they don't think it will lead to anything (cocktease) and the other reason being ego, snagging a married guy means they are so appealing to the opposite sex that men would leave their wives. Imho
    ... speaking of cocktease's ...
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

But I've had women go out of their way to do it in front of her, two at the same time in Miami once. My wife is kinda understanding about it, I'm kinda tripped out cuz I couldn't just walk around ignoring women and have them just walk up to me when i was single, it seems quite the opposite situation when it would be a home wrecking decision.

I kinda understand the argument of having qualities that other women want in a married guy, but if me as a married man accept another woman's advances am I really of those qualities she's looking for?
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    ... speaking of cocktease's ...
    I'm no cocktease, I am just intimidating. Most men are all talk when it comes down to it.

I'm no cocktease, I am just intimidating. Most men are all talk when it comes down to it.
    LMAO. Oh boy ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Usually I don't get involved with the cock-teases, but really ?, what kind of guido's do you waste your time on ?.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Can women sense marriage tho? I wear gloves sometimes at work and it don't make a difference. I once had a lady hand me her number on a folded piece of paper, once I unwrapped it and realized what it was, i said I was really flattered but I'm married, she's like "that's ok, gimme a call sometime" and walked away! Right in front of my boy!he was so ****** cuz he knew I was just gonna toss that s#*t, and he said the same thing about women sensing that s#*t so I gots to know. Is it like spidey senses or something?
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    LMAO. Oh boy ..
    Don't worry, I won't rip into you. Fire fighters need their balls

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWyshbone View Post
    Can women sense marriage tho? I wear gloves sometimes at work and it don't make a difference. I once had a lady hand me her number on a folded piece of paper, once I unwrapped it and realized what it was, i said I was really flattered but I'm married, she's like "that's ok, gimme a call sometime" and walked away! Right in front of my boy!he was so ****** cuz he knew I was just gonna toss that s#*t, and he said the same thing about women sensing that s#*t so I gots to know. Is it like spidey senses or something?
    Maybe you have aged well, post a pic and I will let you know

Intimidation is just a filter to weed out the boys!
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Maybe you have aged well, post a pic and I will let you know
    My avatar is my pic, and I'm a 33 year old with a face that gets mistaken for a kids way too often, I still get carded for christ sake! My parents were really young when i was born and they still look like their in their forties, genes maybe? In fact i was banned from STC, back in the day because of a fight I got into when some ******* grabbed my moms ***. She gotta good laugh from that one! Sorry having a hard time posting pic
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

But for real, some women seem to want to stir the pot, but let's say I was to fall for it and leave my wife, I bet she wouldn't even want to be in the same room as me afterwards! Zero interest when the "thrill" is gone. When I was single, I had a job, i had some things going for me, but I had to, I guess the best word would be "pursue" women. If I could bottle this and chop it to single dudes I could make a fortune! I can sit here and laugh about this because like I said, my wifes understanding about it, but what about a guy whose wife may be paranoid or something. I could see this causin some misery to some poor dude
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Maybe they're just using you to get to your hot wife?

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Maybe they're just using you to get to your hot wife?
    You know, I never thought about that....lol, but I swear it happens a hell of alot more now and it's not friggin fair!!! If I wasn't trying to be a good guy I would be starting threads asking about home remedies for popular STDs, what is it again, hot porridge for genital warts, lol?
    Last edited by JonnyWyshbone; 04-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    2007 ZZR600
    ...peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Usually I don't get involved with the cock-teases, but really ?, what kind of guido's do you waste your time on ?.
    Is this a legit question? I don't waste my time. Just like there are lot's of women out there that are a disappointment to you men there are even more men out there that are a disappointment to us women. Men are always after women so they talk a good game to snag them, then they can't follow through. If women were just won over mainly by appearance like men are, it would be easier. But we will take a pass on looks for other things like personality and intelligence. Makes the pickings more slim. It's easy to be pretty.