How do I burn photos to DVD???

Thread: How do I burn photos to DVD???

Question How do I burn photos to DVD???

First time attempting this and I'm clueless. I have 40GB of photos accumulated in multiple folders on dvd's with dates going back to 2005, I'd like to burn them to dvd (and maybe blu-ray) for playback in my blu-ray player attached to my tv. I transferred all the archived folders stored on 9 dvd's to My Pictures folder in Win 7 on my laptop.

I have no idea how to create playable photo dvd's or blu-ray. I have a blu-ray burner. Could someone give me some pointers how to get started? I tried to extract all the .jpeg's using Win7 search to one single folder but only got 12gb worth.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Re: How do I burn photos to DVD???

Do you have a burning program like Nero? Makes the job a lot easier.

No, I don't have any burning program except the built-in Win 7 one. I don't mind buying a program if it can do what I need without requiring extensive knowledge. I'll look at Nero and see if I can figure it out.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Nero is pretty straightforward, it asks a series of questions and then you choose your files. You can make it simple and accept the default settings or tweak with it if you like. Just remember that burning bluray disks can be expensive if you mess up. The windows one might be fine too...just insert your blank disk and see if you can drag and drop your picture files onto the blank disc that will show up in your bluray drive. I've never used the windows one but a right click on the disk icon might bring up a burn command if there's no button to press.

if you have a PS3 you can dl ps3 media server and stream all the files from the comp to the tv via the media server...very simple and saves you money and time

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    No, I don't have any burning program except the built-in Win 7 one. I don't mind buying a program if it can do what I need without requiring extensive knowledge. I'll look at Nero and see if I can figure it out.
    Free CD/DVD burner program, with easy user interface...

http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Install it, if you have any issues, post up.

Burn them as a "data" DVD.

You may want to do 2 copies per disk then store the second set elsewhere just in case something happened to your place and the originals were destroyed.

Is burnable media still a thing?

Does you Bluray player have a USB port? You can just put them in a USB key or an external USB drive if that's the case.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

put the cd and photos in a microwave and then watch them burn.
    lets ride first, there is plenty of time to worry about other ******.
    www.youtube.com/rashidme

Quote Originally Posted by rashidme View Post
    put the cd and photos in a microwave and then watch them burn.
    The quality doesnt look to good though
    .....No but really theres is alot of programs out there you can do this with, The program that came with your windows should have some kind of tutorial but really its not that hard, some programs you just copy and paste from your desktop.