SM handguards? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SM handguards?

Re: SM handguards?

Nevermind I can get threaded inserts for $2 each, the tap is only $10 and 2 bolts is another dollar each...Im just going to make it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Nevermind I can get threaded inserts for $2 each, the tap is only $10 and 2 bolts is another dollar each...Im just going to make it myself...
    Most shops have them hanging up,picked mine up at Orange Motorsports.Why get everything shipped? when you order even on line at GP and pick it up,shipping is free.As far as the insert goes it comes with a bolt and nut and washer so you can torque it down to seat it.If you make your own you might want to use locktite.I purchased the hard plastic ones which are about $20.with tap,you can purchase without tap for less.
    2010 KTM 300 XC W __________________March 22/11 Rest in peace Dad

highwaydirtbikes makes the toughest handguards available....but they aren't cheap.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...yf6f00n0o57t27
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by canuckwr250 View Post
    Most shops have them hanging up,picked mine up at Orange Motorsports.Why get everything shipped? when you order even on line at GP and pick it up,shipping is free.As far as the insert goes it comes with a bolt and nut and washer so you can torque it down to seat it.If you make your own you might want to use locktite.I purchased the hard plastic ones which are about $20.with tap,you can purchase without tap for less.
    Most shops where? I live in Mississauga and no motorcycle stores around here have that kind of thing hanging in the store that I know of. Orange motorsports is a 1 and half hour drive for me, in my truck thats probably double the cost of shipping there and back......So for those reasons I would order it, or like I said make it myself...The store that has the inserts is just down the street from me, I can also get SS bolts for them just around the corner. A tap if I dont already have it from the same store that has the inserts...

And the inserts already come coated with red thread locker...

Nevermind, didn't read the post properly.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    where do you get the threaded inserts? fastenal, brafasco?

Quote Originally Posted by Megomaniac View Post
    where do you get the threaded inserts? fastenal, brafasco?
    Fastenal and Brofacso will only sell a box of 100....KBC tools in Mississauga had 30 in stock and sold them to me individually for under $3 each..Although they do have a $25 minimum, so I bought some loctite and a tap
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 05-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.