Is this a good rate ?

Thread: Is this a good rate ?

Is this a good rate ?

okay so my uncle is 45 has his m1 and has a 2006 ninja zx6r it is a 636cc engine size and my uncle got a quote for 166.40$$ a month he has a clean driving record but his wife got in a accident and wasnt her fault in the accident. tmw we seal the deal just need some feedback guys ps he lives in BRAMPTON ontario by bovaird and bramelea

Re: Is this a good rate ?

$1996.80 /yr? Maybe his location + cc has something to do with it but that doesn't sound like a particularly good rate. For comparison, I'm substantially younger than your uncle, have 2 speeding tickets on my record, 1 cancellation of policy due to failure to pay (frustrating ordeal over a $4 discrepancy but a story for another time) and own a 2001 F4i (599cc). I pay $1200 annually in North York. That cancellation smear on my record luckily did not seem to factor into my bike insurance but, on my car, it's like having an at fault accident.

just thought that maybe when he does the safe riding course at humber and get his m2 it would be cheaper ?
    I Ride : 2006 Ninja zx6r
    I Drive: 2010 Range rover sport S/C

Mine didn't change after getting my M or taking a course.

I'm 28 and only have bike insurance, no car, on an R1 (1000cc) and I pay $1100 a year with State Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Brar View Post
    okay so my uncle is 45 has his m1 and has a 2006 ninja zx6r it is a 636cc engine size and my uncle got a quote for 166.40$$ a month he has a clean driving record but his wife got in a accident and wasnt her fault in the accident. tmw we seal the deal just need some feedback guys ps he lives in BRAMPTON ontario by bovaird and bramelea
    Make sure he is signing up with State Farm. They won't charge him extra because of his M1.

Call Katherine - (866) 930-1221 - For the best quote tell her Crazy Jamie sent you.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Weird..I just picked up a 2005 636...cheapest I got quoted was 119 per month for basic coverage...I'm 28, full m, one minor ticket, no at fault accidents, claims etc...

And this is with statefarm(had to call three diff agents to get that rate)...
    '05 ZX636

What company is the quote with? Your uncle should be quoting with the following:

- State Farm
    - TD Insurance (or Meloche Monnex if he's a member of a qualifying group)
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
    Weird..I just picked up a 2005 636...cheapest I got quoted was 119 per month for basic coverage...I'm 28, full m, one minor ticket, no at fault accidents, claims etc...

And this is with statefarm(had to call three diff agents to get that rate)...

Bring a car to them and it will go down 40%.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Too expensive shop around.