Camping in Ontario and Manitoba

Thread: Camping in Ontario and Manitoba

Camping in Ontario and Manitoba

I was planning out a trip to Moose Jaw to see a buddy of mine in June. Thinking of four days to get there. Sleep outside of Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, and Winnipeg.

I just looked up some camping fees and it's like $35 a night just for a place to put my tent from KOA! Is this regular and reasonable? Any suggestions for cheaper camping or has my minimal research thus far been inaccurate?

EDIT: I've found that you can camp at provincial sites but was unable to find the cost.
    Last edited by jonpurdy; 04-25-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Re: Camping in Ontario and Manitoba

I camped west of Sault St Marie in two different parks for around $10-15/night - the first was Pukaskwa National Park and the second was White Lake Provincial Park. Not sure if you are going alone, but the rate was $25/night for a site and we were offered by the camp staff to share it between the two of us.

There's also Sleeping Giant Provincial Park out in Thunder Bay, but I didn't camp there, so not sure of what it is like or the cost etc... but it should be about the same price.

It will be cold at that time of year, especially at night, so be prepared. Here's a ride report of that trip I did.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Re: Camping in Ontario and Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    I camped west of Sault St Marie in two different parks for around $10-15/night - the first was Pukaskwa National Park and the second was White Lake Provincial Park. Not sure if you are going alone, but the rate was $25/night for a site and we were offered by the camp staff to share it between the two of us.

There's also Sleeping Giant Provincial Park out in Thunder Bay, but I didn't camp there, so not sure of what it is like or the cost etc... but it should be about the same price.

It will be cold at that time of year, especially at night, so be prepared. Here's a ride report of that trip I did.
    Awesome, thanks for the spots and the ride report. The shot ("The view of the beach off the Pukaskwa Park where we camped") is simply awesome.

I'll be going alone but maybe I'll find someone to split the fees with at some point. But the price is what it is; still far cheaper than hotels and it won't break the bank.