Improperly Installed Tire. Is shop liable?

Thread: Improperly Installed Tire. Is shop liable?

Improperly Installed Tire. Is shop liable?

Problem was resolved today had no problem i guess i jumped the gun worrying. Shop is replacing tire free of charge. Mod please delete the thread.
    Last edited by Johnny5; 04-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Re: Improperly Installed Tire. Is shop liable?

ouch that doesnt look good. good luck dealing with T.O cycle, customer service is weak. Ive had multiple bad experiences there. The shop is mostly full of nobs.

They will tell you its your fault, and claim no responsibility. i really hope you have better luck with the customer service there then i did. ****** deal bro.
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

i don't even know what to say here....

one one hand, I would have looked into the rubbing sound as soon as I noticed it, but on the other you would expect a shop to have checked something like that. I'd be taking it back there and getting them to fix it. if they won't, then I wouldn't be going back there ever again.

Last edited by Johnny5; 04-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.

just go back and see what they say, explain them your situation and see if things can get sorted out

If he does not accept the blame, order a new tire from petes or FS motorcycle. Glen got me a rear S11 for $90 or so, front might even be cheaper.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

http://www.isthatlegal.ca/index.php?...r.consumer_law

Ontario has consumer protection when comes to repairs. A motorcyle is still a motor vehicle and if this garage will not own up to their negligence, file a small claims action for reimbursement.

Wow dude, that's nuts! I'm glad you are unhurt!

First of all, what ****ing website are you hosting those pics on? Two pop-ups and a warning from MS Security?! C'mon man!

Second, I sure hope the shop replaces your tire and makes sure nothing is rubbing!!!

Let us know how it works out.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Wow dude, that's nuts! I'm glad you are unhurt!

First of all, what ****ing website are you hosting those pics on? Two pop-ups and a warning from MS Security?! C'mon man!
    Imagevenue is a common pic host it has no viruses. Should use Firefox with the ad-block plugin and you'll see no popups. I changed the links to tinypic though hopefully it has no problems.
    Last edited by Johnny5; 04-26-2012 at 12:39 AM.

That sucks man! I tell you,

I for one won't be going to TO cycle for anything, there are many suppliers and repair places that have been reviewed and used by members here with great service.

You can tell them if they don't fix you up they are potentially going to be losing huge amounts of business cuz YOU have many friends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

balanceing for most shops is line up the dot on the tire with the valve stem and its good to go.....

that there is BS though with it cutting into your sidewall. I'd go in and raise hell!!!!
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

liable? probably...

worth it? no.

remember this for 99.9999999 % of your disputes.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

It does not look like that bracket needs to be moved or removed to change the tire. Was the previous tire the same dimensions???

It could be a simple honest mistake of someone bumping into the side that caused it to bend....

I would not blame the shop right away...just be reasonable and think about this from all angles...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Problem was resolved today had no problem i guess i jumped the gun worrying. Shop is replacing tire free of charge. Mod please delete the thread.
    Sucky-situ... one of the reasons many just bring the removed wheels to the shop to have the tires installed...

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian1974 View Post
    Sucky-situ... one of the reasons many just bring the removed wheels to the shop to have the tires installed...
    + 1 You can only trust yourself to ensure something is done.