Centennial College Course - Not Worth It

Thread: Centennial College Course - Not Worth It

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Centennial College Course - Not Worth It

Quote Originally Posted by iegod View Post
    It's far easier on the bike, in my opinion, since you have direct control over brakes and throttle simultaneously, unlike a car. The first time I came to a hill I nearly sh*t my pants, but proper riding position eliminated all my fear.
    in a car, you should be able to hold it on a hill by letting the clutch out, even without throttle you should be able to get it to hold long enough to transfer off the brake and on to the throttle. or you can just heel and toe it with the right foot while letting off the clutch. I agree, hill starts on a bike are much easier, but they don't have to be hard in a car either.

As an instructor I never brag about pass/fail rates. One weekend can be as high as 100% pass and another 50/50 you don't know. Too many factors! Each weekend is a different group of students with varying skill levels. You have to look at it this way, If the student learns the skills and is able to demonstrate that during the test then they pass. If they are unable to demonstrate they have learned the skills then they will be unsuccessful. Sometimes it is simply nerves that cause them to fail and when they come back for a retest they pass with no problems because they have calmed down.

I know in my mind I have done everything in my power to train them to the best of my ability. If they are unsuccessful during the test then they are not ready to go on the street and risk injury or worse.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

motorcycling is like, marriage and college, it's not for everybody!, maybe you shouldn't be riding. try taking up ping-pong.