After a bargain?

Thread: After a bargain?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: After a bargain?

A friend of mine just bought three homes in Detroit at an auction. The highest priced of the three was $1500.

He said at the same auction, the Pontiac Silverdome, with it's 600 acre paved parking lot, where Olympic Soccer has been played, sold for a mere half million dollars. He also said that the lowest price he saw a home go for was $480....and 1/3 of the homes never even got sold.

But the city of Detroit is considering un-anexxing a huge part of itself-basically they want to level 1/3 of the city that is wasteland. It is costing them too much to police and service, and even then they say they aren't able to do it all properly. If they could shrink the size of the city, they feel they could better provide police, schools, etc.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Wow .. I had no clue of this going on so close to the border.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Wow .. I had no clue of this going on so close to the border.
    I knew it. Based on their economic/social system and the way the business world has been pushing the global economy, they don't need a large middle class to maintain the industrial production. That's what China's for. That's why a good chunk of their population has been thrown under the bus. Don't expect for it to get any better any time soon unless the overall human society changes drastically. That's why I've always been saying that the terrorists were idiots for trying to harm the US by attacking them - the most effective strategy to destroy the US is to kick back, relax, light up a doob and enjoy the freakshow of their own making.

P.S. We're next in line. Ontario will be hardest-hit, just will take a bit longer because we have a smaller gap between the rich and the poor.
    Last edited by FiReSTaRT; 04-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

You guys don't know your history to be this shocked. The 1967 riots killed Detroit many years ago.
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    You guys don't know your history to be this shocked. The 1967 riots killed Detroit many years ago.
    Shifting industrial production to Asia killed Detroit and will kill many other former industrial powerhouses. That's why Ontario's already referred to as a "have not" province and it'll only get worse unless something gets done and I don't see it happening.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Shifting industrial production to Asia killed Detroit and will kill many other former industrial powerhouses. That's why Ontario's already referred to as a "have not" province and it'll only get worse unless something gets done and I don't see it happening.
    Automotive to be more precise. For every auto worker 7 spin-off industry jobs are lost.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post

But the city of Detroit is considering un-anexxing a huge part of itself-basically they want to level 1/3 of the city that is wasteland. It is costing them too much to police and service, and even then they say they aren't able to do it all properly.
    Hamilton politicians.... are you listening?