After a bargain?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After a bargain?

After a bargain?

Own a three bedroom home in Detroit for JUST $500...as the city is revealed to have the cheapest housing in the U.S

Whoda thought? They ain't makin anymore land.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

Re: After a bargain?

Yeah, I dunno..you might not see any appreciation in your investment in your lifetime down there.. Read a good article recently about stupid Canadians pushing up house prices in Arizona..$400k..real estate analysts down there expect the true value is about $200k..it's a risky deal down there right now.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

You can buy it and pay your taxes on it but wouldn't wanna live in it
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by imkruzen View Post
    Own a three bedroom home in Detroit for JUST $500...as the city is revealed to have the cheapest housing in the U.S

I was told bullet proof vest go for ten times that. Outfitting the family could be pricy.

Quote Originally Posted by imkruzen View Post

Detroit, Michigan USA
    Population: Less than 1 million and dropping.

Worst Feature: Rats, Crack Addicts, and love-peddlers – and that’s just among the elected officials

Best Feature: Home to the Worlds Only Floating Post Office

I was in Buffalo last weekend and I would say it is a close second to Detroit. My crazy GPS took me to some neighbourhoods that were completely abandoned, boarded up, burnt down. Several big beautiful churches boarded up and vandalized. Quite sad actually. If it weren't for all the Canadians who go shopping over there it would be just as bad as Detroit. The real estate is also dirt cheap there. While driving around I was thinking how lucky I am to be Canadian even though we are taxed to death.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Dude they where giving places for a dollar in Detroit...
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

The U.S.A. has always had the image of being a prosperous place and land of opportunity but that is so far from the truth. If it wasn't for states like Cali and Florida that generate most of the economy down there, America would be totally scre**ed. I lived in the U.S. for 17 years and glad that I GTFO.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

I lived in Windsor for a while and use to go over frequently. Wish I could say "it's not that bad" but it really is THAT BAD, REALLY BAD. Mind you the surrounding burbs are actually really nice (not Flint) but the City of Detroit will leave you saying WTF happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    I lived in Windsor for a while and use to go over frequently. Wish I could say "it's not that bad" but it really is THAT BAD, REALLY BAD. Mind you the surrounding burbs are actually really nice (not Flint) but the City of Detroit will leave you saying WTF happened here.
    I've been there once. I'd like to say that on my deathbed We were on our way to SW US and stopped to fuel up. 3 groups of disreputable-looking individuals were keeping a tight watch on our brand new truck full of expensive gear that would have been worth A LOT of crack money even if just sold for scrap. We drove for 3 hours before we stopped at a motel in a small town at around 2am
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    The U.S.A. has always had the image of being a prosperous place and land of opportunity but that is so far from the truth. If it wasn't for states like Cali and Florida that generate most of the economy down there, America would be totally scre**ed. I lived in the U.S. for 17 years and glad that I GTFO.

Cali? Columbia? Did you mean California? If so California is on the wane. Silicon Valley is doing okay, but most of the rest of the state is hurting quite bad. Unemployment levels are quite high, the jobs to be had are McJobs. The economy today is driven a lot by oil and gas (South Dakota, Texas etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    Cali? Columbia?
    Hmm..I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Hmm..I don't think so...
    Then one should use the term California, or if the southern part - SoCal, the northern part NorCal. Cali is a city in Columbia. I know of no-one who lives there or has lived there who would ever refer to it as Cali - it is a slang used by wanna be's who haven't a clue.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    Then one should use the term California, or if the southern part - SoCal, the northern part NorCal. Cali is a city in Columbia. I know of no-one who lives there or has lived there who would ever refer to it as Cali - it is a slang used by wanna be's who haven't a clue.

/end rant
    LLCoolJ doesn't like you right now..

This is a bit of a long read but I highly recommend it because it's very interesting.

California and Bust feat. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    http://www.vanityfair.com/business/f...l-lewis-201111

Quote Originally Posted by toshison View Post
    This is a bit of a long read but I highly recommend it because it's very interesting.

California and Bust feat. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    http://www.vanityfair.com/business/f...l-lewis-201111
    Don't need to read it to know that California is in bust mode. It was so obvious (and was one of the reasons I never appealed my immigration issue to stay... it was time to leave). The rest of the U.S. is heading down a similar road and it ain't gonna be pretty.

A friend of mine just bought three homes in Detroit at an auction. The highest priced of the three was $1500.

He said at the same auction, the Pontiac Silverdome, with it's 600 acre paved parking lot, where Olympic Soccer has been played, sold for a mere half million dollars. He also said that the lowest price he saw a home go for was $480....and 1/3 of the homes never even got sold.

But the city of Detroit is considering un-anexxing a huge part of itself-basically they want to level 1/3 of the city that is wasteland. It is costing them too much to police and service, and even then they say they aren't able to do it all properly. If they could shrink the size of the city, they feel they could better provide police, schools, etc.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Wow .. I had no clue of this going on so close to the border.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post

But the city of Detroit is considering un-anexxing a huge part of itself-basically they want to level 1/3 of the city that is wasteland. It is costing them too much to police and service, and even then they say they aren't able to do it all properly.
    Hamilton politicians.... are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Wow .. I had no clue of this going on so close to the border.
    I knew it. Based on their economic/social system and the way the business world has been pushing the global economy, they don't need a large middle class to maintain the industrial production. That's what China's for. That's why a good chunk of their population has been thrown under the bus. Don't expect for it to get any better any time soon unless the overall human society changes drastically. That's why I've always been saying that the terrorists were idiots for trying to harm the US by attacking them - the most effective strategy to destroy the US is to kick back, relax, light up a doob and enjoy the freakshow of their own making.

P.S. We're next in line. Ontario will be hardest-hit, just will take a bit longer because we have a smaller gap between the rich and the poor.
    Last edited by FiReSTaRT; 04-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.