After a bargain?

Thread: After a bargain?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After a bargain?

Own a three bedroom home in Detroit for JUST $500...as the city is revealed to have the cheapest housing in the U.S

Whoda thought? They ain't makin anymore land.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

Re: After a bargain?

Yeah, I dunno..you might not see any appreciation in your investment in your lifetime down there.. Read a good article recently about stupid Canadians pushing up house prices in Arizona..$400k..real estate analysts down there expect the true value is about $200k..it's a risky deal down there right now.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

You can buy it and pay your taxes on it but wouldn't wanna live in it
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by imkruzen View Post
    Own a three bedroom home in Detroit for JUST $500...as the city is revealed to have the cheapest housing in the U.S

I was told bullet proof vest go for ten times that. Outfitting the family could be pricy.

Quote Originally Posted by imkruzen View Post

Detroit, Michigan USA
    Population: Less than 1 million and dropping.

Worst Feature: Rats, Crack Addicts, and love-peddlers – and that’s just among the elected officials

Best Feature: Home to the Worlds Only Floating Post Office

I was in Buffalo last weekend and I would say it is a close second to Detroit. My crazy GPS took me to some neighbourhoods that were completely abandoned, boarded up, burnt down. Several big beautiful churches boarded up and vandalized. Quite sad actually. If it weren't for all the Canadians who go shopping over there it would be just as bad as Detroit. The real estate is also dirt cheap there. While driving around I was thinking how lucky I am to be Canadian even though we are taxed to death.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Dude they where giving places for a dollar in Detroit...
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

The U.S.A. has always had the image of being a prosperous place and land of opportunity but that is so far from the truth. If it wasn't for states like Cali and Florida that generate most of the economy down there, America would be totally scre**ed. I lived in the U.S. for 17 years and glad that I GTFO.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

I lived in Windsor for a while and use to go over frequently. Wish I could say "it's not that bad" but it really is THAT BAD, REALLY BAD. Mind you the surrounding burbs are actually really nice (not Flint) but the City of Detroit will leave you saying WTF happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    The U.S.A. has always had the image of being a prosperous place and land of opportunity but that is so far from the truth. If it wasn't for states like Cali and Florida that generate most of the economy down there, America would be totally scre**ed. I lived in the U.S. for 17 years and glad that I GTFO.

Cali? Columbia? Did you mean California? If so California is on the wane. Silicon Valley is doing okay, but most of the rest of the state is hurting quite bad. Unemployment levels are quite high, the jobs to be had are McJobs. The economy today is driven a lot by oil and gas (South Dakota, Texas etc.).

GM plans to open 600 dealerships in China in 2012

more
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

US firms add jobs, but mostly overseas

The vacancy problem will be solved, a solution has come up.

Detroit fire boss: Let some vacant buildings burn

Detroit Fire Department Executive Fire Commissioner Donald Austin said he's proposing the city allow vacant buildings and homes to burn themselves out - but under conditions.
    more