bohn armor pants??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bohn armor pants???

Re: bohn armor pants???

That's my idea as I ride in hot weather in Australia in the winter and don't like ballistic stuff at the best of time.

So use bits and pieces under street clothes except for mesh jacket with armour which is comfy and cool anyways.
    Torqued down hard on my shoulder on a muddy hill and never felt the impact.
    But my hip did - hence the new armored shorts.

Compression supposedly reduces monkeybutt as well - will let you know once I get over this damn cold.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

any stores in the gta sell armored shorts and shirts?

i was looking into sports armor but not sure if the material is the same

for those who own armor, what is the padding material?

Quote Originally Posted by barrebeast View Post
    any stores in the gta sell armored shorts and shirts?

i was looking into sports armor but not sure if the material is the same

for those who own armor, what is the padding material?
    i dont have it now. but the material was softer than the back protector foam pad that usually the jackets come with.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

Jackets usually have a combination of removable hard shell armour and built in foam ridges.

The shorts I got have a thinner softer version on the hips but still ridged ( wide and shallow ridges )
    with the hardshell armour just at the point of the hip and removable.

Under loose riding pants you don't much feel the padding or the hardshell - you would on tight jeans...
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Short ride today up to the Shed and they are comfie. Trying out a new bead seat so can't quite tell if the extra padding helps and it is a short ride. Bead seat seems very good - non-intuitive that

They feel fine - don't even notice them on. Can keep my comfie riding pants on and still have a bit of armor. Good stuff.
    Last edited by MacDoc; 05-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.

I have had Bohn armor pants for a number of years and they work great, except on the hottest of days in the Deep South where I am currently, unfortunately. You have to get the right size so the armor stays planted. If they are too big, things will shift around, so follow the instructions on the web site exactly with regard to sizing.

I like that they are easily washed in a machine, and, after a couple years if there is some wear, you can replace the "hosiery" part.

I have the ForceField armor shorts, too, and they are also great, but there is no knee protection like with the Bohn armor pants, so less convenient (since I wear separate knee protection while wearing the ForceField shorts).

Hope this helps.
    “Love is the absence of judgment.”
    - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post

Got em today .Icon Stryker...fit is fine and easy under my riding pants. $55 well spent for a little hip protection an maybe a comfier ride on long trips ( apparently compression helps monkey butt ).
    Armour is not intrusive or uncomfortable at all.

Might be warm enough tomorrow to try on the bike. Thanks for the idea.
    do you still wear underwear with these on or no? (serious question) lol

no and they feel great - armor removes for washing but I suspect will take a while to dry.
    I suppose you could wear briefs under them - I wear boxers and then felt too bulky and wrinkled up - bare assed was best.