bohn armor pants???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bohn armor pants???

bohn armor pants???

I just came across this add (bohn-armor-pants.com) and i wanted to know if:

1) do they work
    2) anyone have any experience
    3) the price is fair or are there better/cheaper alternatives or anything for a better value

The add and website look a little cheap, looks like one of those "WORK FROM HOME, $10K per month single mom!!!"

i worry this might be a reflection of the product.

Thanks
    Dingo

Re: bohn armor pants???

I'm also interested if these are decent or not

price is around $160, i dont mind the price and planned on buying a pair of pants/something for protection and like the idea i could wear them with whatever pants i want VS one fixed set of pants .... just want to know if they are a POS and have zero protection.

-Dingo

I haven't used the bohn adventure pant but I have used their competitors product, the forcefield armor shorts. http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/en/bl...ionshorts.html

These things (forcefield) kick ***. I have had a couple of 100+ kph offs when at the track and I have not a single scratch or bruise. One occasion my leathers burnt right through and the shorts themselves saved my *** literally. Honestly anything in there would have helped but I liked the padded shorts enough to actually wear them and so they did the job when it was needed.

I even wear them snowboarding now and they keep my as toasty on the chairlift and when I hip check trees riding though the gladed runs.

short story... armour is good. the more the better and the forcefield ones fit well, clean easy and are really breathable.
    Last edited by duct_tape; 04-25-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    2007 Aprilia Tuono (black)
    2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R (silver) - TRACK
    1988 Yamaha Virago 250 (black) - SOLD
    1982 Kawasaki GPz550 (gold) - Collector plates

Quote Originally Posted by Android
    BCSportbikes - That's not snow. That's Awesome residue. You have to wipe it off Aprilias every few days...

interested.... anyone have these or know of them? Know someone who has them??
    --------------------------------------
    Ninja 250R with...
    Just like the name says...... Training_Wheels

Thanks for this thread - bought a pair of these to complete my armour.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...stryker-shorts

$55 shipped with my Revzilla discount. Will go nicely under my loose riding pants - I was just a tad worried about a hip impact when offroad in Australia - I did go down but a zero speed on muddy hill - armour worked a treat but hip was a little bruised.
    ****ing KLR650 weighs too much.
    Last edited by MacDoc; 04-26-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

I'd definitely be interested in this type of product to put in under my pants...does anyone have them? Tried them?

I'm a little weary of sites like this simply because they look like those 'make $1000s/week working from home' type of deals. But if the product stands up and is up to par then I'd def buy them.

2011 CBR250R
    2008 CBR125R (Enjoyed...sold...not forgotten)

If you are talking in general - Revzilla has a no hassle return policy - highly recommended company to deal with.
    Icon and Dainese are major companys.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

I've seen these ads too, product looks nice but website looks like crap so it puts me off.

I also saw this site when googling "bohn armour" http://www.bohnarmor.com/ it looks like the same thing with a better website, though they seem to really emphasize selling to the grey hairs (no offence guys but if it's made for you, us kids might not like it).

Doc, yes I was speaking on about the Bohn Armor Pants as the other sites I'm familiar with. My only issue with buying online would be the fit...but that's easily remedied by going to a local supplier.

Maybe the Bohn Armor Pants rep was at a local motorcycle show...I would expect them to be there but I didn't see them (mind you I wasn't looking for them either).

I just emailed the bohnarmor.com site to see if they have any local reps...will let you guys know once I get a response.
    Last edited by mimico_polak; 04-26-2012 at 09:07 AM.

2011 CBR250R

thanks mimico!

not good enough..
    they slide around. especially on any impact. personal experience
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

Here is the response from Bohnarmor:

Thank you for your inquiry and I apologize for the delay in responding. We do not currently have any dealers in the Toronto, Canada area. However we do have a very customer friendly return and exchange policy in case the items do not fit.

If you have any questions...blah blah blah...

But it seems that Vik doesn't think highly of this product? I personally would like to try it on before purchasing but more research needs to be put into this before jumping in.

2011 CBR250R

When you wear them, you become James Bohn

Got em today .Icon Stryker...fit is fine and easy under my riding pants. $55 well spent for a little hip protection an maybe a comfier ride on long trips ( apparently compression helps monkey butt ).
    Armour is not intrusive or uncomfortable at all.

Might be warm enough tomorrow to try on the bike. Thanks for the idea.

Not meant to hi-jack, but what's the difference between these things and a "pressure suit"?
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)

armor

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM View Post
    Not meant to hi-jack, but what's the difference between these things and a "pressure suit"?

in reality not much, the pressure suit uses the typical hard plastic armour with neoprene + padding on an elastic mesh while I think the Bohn doesn't quite use the same construction in the armour plates. In the case of the Bohn I don't believe they are CE approved (though they claim to be equivalent) the Pressure suit I have no idea but may not be either.
    Ignorance is heading off without knowing the dangers involved.
    Stupidity is trying something without knowing what the chance of death is.
    Bravery is going into something knowing if you die its your own fault.
    Adventure is a self determined mix of all three of the above.

Cool, thanks guys. Tempted to try a pressure suit underneath "street clothes" and/or mesh combo on those hotter days this year. Gotta do more research.
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)