How would you HONESTLY deal with this? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you HONESTLY deal with this?

Re: How would you HONESTLY deal with this?

Tell them to google "Vaporizer".

Can this be that hard?

Talk to them, talk to your landlord, be professional about it, if they continue call the cops. You maybe are a little too accommadating, if one or more of your biggest clients walk in on the pot-fest and you loose them, I hope your creditors are as accommadating.

Stop messing around on the forum, get on top of the problem before it gets on top of you.

My 2 cents, cheap ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    Can this be that hard?

Talk to them, talk to your landlord, be professional about it, if they continue call the cops. You maybe are a little too accommadating, if one or more of your biggest clients walk in on the pot-fest and you loose them, I hope your creditors are as accommadating.

Stop messing around on the forum, get on top of the problem before it gets on top of you.

My 2 cents, cheap ain't it?
    These are real thugs and OP is only an E-Thug.
    New to me for 2012.

its Illegal to smoke INSIDE any commercial unit

call your city bylaw officer......5000.00 fine...they will come checking around DAILY...they would love this

as for the smoke.....foam spray along bricks where they meet the roof
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Keep a detailed log of all the incidents. Get pictures and other evidence whenever possible.

Talk to someone in charge and give them a chance (only one) to remedy the issue. Do not argue, do not threaten, do not raise your voice. Assume you are dealing with a reasonable person unless they prove otherwise and do not give them any reason to retaliate.

Next, submit a complaint in writing to the property owner/manager. Do not mention pot, but make sure it's implied, like "a strong smell similar to burning grass". Substantiate your complaint with data you collected.

If the issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, go to the police. Do not let the fact that you are a recreational pot user prevent you from reporting them. You gave them enough chance to stop messing with your business and a pothead jerk is still a jerk (even more so). Provide the police with the same info you gave the property manager.

While you are doing all of the above, encourage other business owners in the area to do the same. Talk to them in person and in private. Complaints are acted on much more eagerly when they come from several people and in writing.

If all of this fails to produce desirable results within reasonable time and keeps adversely affecting your business, vote with your feet and move. Hopefully their next tenant will be a mob front...
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Knocking on their door, no one answers, ill try again later.

This is my signature

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Here we go again.....

The pot smokers will be concerned that you can smell their activities, trust me.
    Go over there, find the head pot smoker, politely tell him you simply can't have any such smells at your place, it's affecting business.
    Suggest he install any type of ventilator fan to the outdoors.
    As long as he creates some negative pressure in the room, the smell will not make it to your place.

That's where you start to gauge his attitude, step 2 will depend on the response.
    Calling the cops is a pussy thing to do, and they won't do much more than talk to the guy anyways.
    Only a complete loser would rat a guy out for something that most highschool kids do before talking to the neighbour first himself..

PS>> Ask them if they are hiring.
    Well said.

The only thing I don't agree with is the rat aspect. A rat is one of the lowest form of dooshbag on the planet but, at the same time anyone ****ing with your family, time or money deserves no respect whatsoever. Rats get theirs and nobody will step up for them. That's just human nature true enough but there is a line. If the OP completely thinks it's crossed then he is doing what he has to to take care of his own....

Agave's Idea that they are responsible for stopping the smell from coming into your shop is mine as well. That's probably the best option and shows them (unless they are totally burnt) that you didn't go the "call the cops" way first.

Step up or get walked on.

My final post on this thread. The boss has told me not to go any further on the situation. Apparently the people who need to know about the situation already do, and we don't need to vet involved any more then we already are. It just would have been nice to be told that in the first place. So I am done. Later.

This is my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Keep a detailed log of all the incidents. Get pictures and other evidence whenever possible.

Talk to someone in charge and give them a chance (only one) to remedy the issue. Do not argue, do not threaten, do not raise your voice. Assume you are dealing with a reasonable person unless they prove otherwise and do not give them any reason to retaliate.

Next, submit a complaint in writing to the property owner/manager. Do not mention pot, but make sure it's implied, like "a strong smell similar to burning grass". Substantiate your complaint with data you collected.

If the issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, go to the police. Do not let the fact that you are a recreational pot user prevent you from reporting them. You gave them enough chance to stop messing with your business and a pothead jerk is still a jerk (even more so). Provide the police with the same info you gave the property manager.

While you are doing all of the above, encourage other business owners in the area to do the same. Talk to them in person and in private. Complaints are acted on much more eagerly when they come from several people and in writing.

If all of this fails to produce desirable results within reasonable time and keeps adversely affecting your business, vote with your feet and move. Hopefully their next tenant will be a mob front...
    I was thinking of something similar. If enough tenants threaten to leave, the landlord will take action!

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

i supply hardwood ply, mdf and melamine panels to the cabinet industry.
    Fire the sales reps that told your folks you were getting high, they are idiots and scoundrels and unworthy of your support.
    Buy from me and the discussion of pot will never come up.

how would I honestly deal with it ?

I'd suggest they start making a daily/weekly gift to me for being such a "complaint-free" neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by mikbusa View Post
    off topic but i LOL'd at this

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    i supply hardwood ply, mdf and melamine panels to the cabinet industry.
    Fire the sales reps that told your folks you were getting high, they are idiots and scoundrels and unworthy of your support.
    Buy from me and the discussion of pot will never come up.

Ya, seriously, you know things have gone in the crapper when a supplier won't sell you their products....

I find it amusing that they took it upon themselves to phone his dad and make false accusations too.
    I'd be on the phone with them asking for a huge discount just for the insult, then i would tell them they are fired and call Crankcall for my supplies!

Weed gives me a headache
    Resident Loudmouth