How would you HONESTLY deal with this? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you HONESTLY deal with this?

Re: How would you HONESTLY deal with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Back on point your neighbours are not being cool or responsible about it. AND to top it off it is affecting your work. Because of their ‘f it all’ attitude I say fair game with the authorities. Inform the landlord you are calling the authorities and then call the cops.
    +1
    Have a conversation with them about the problems you're experiencing. If they're not aware then they can't do anything about it.
    If you are uncomfortable having the conversation. Let the landlord know that there are problems and their behaviour. It's then the landlord's responsibility to take action - if you are valued as a tenant.
    If you don't find resolution through these two means then you can call the police. They will pay a visit and have a chat with the neighbours to smooth things out. It is really unlikely that there will be anything done about the pot smell in the way of charges unless during the chat the police believe there to be a significant issue such as a large amount on premises or a grow-op.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

I think just going over there and asking nicely to be considerate is a good idea. BUT, if you think they torched your van or that they are jerkoffs, maybe that won't help much... If they are genuine jerks, call the cops, drop an anonymous tip that you think they are selling drugs. They might get a visit and that might startle them enough to stop them from smoking at work.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Sorry, but this came to mind immediately after I read the first post.

Somehow, the GTAM board is bunch of experts/consultants in all kinds of trade. Amazing skill of GTAM ... LOL
    No, but sometimes a public opinion to wage against your own helps your train of thought. Hence what would you do vs. Help tell me what to do. I like this forum, that's why I posted here.

This is my signature

Do you own the unit (Industrial Condo) or is it a rental of an industrial condo or are you renting from a commercial landlord that owns the complex. Your leverage will vary by the situation and location with some issues.

Quote: "Ultimately I can't take the action, its really up to the boss." Unquote

Then address the situation with the boss. If he's family and won't stand up to the problem you have a family problem. Quit.

I owned an industrial condo and had odour problems as well as illegal occupancy issues. A-hole of a property manager to boot.

Don't get a guilt trip over your own habit if it doesen't infringe on other peoples choices.

Re Fans, the only thing that would work is positive pressure but then you have door issues.

Cops won't give a **** about people smoking pot. You'd be lucky for them to even show up.

Host a free BBQ for GTAM and when 100+ bikes show up, then go over there and have a little chat with them.

Op you have a Business to run and all you want know is for Your clients/reps/ customers to start backing off because they think You or Your company is a DRUG HOUSE..... I am all about Talking it out 1st...if that dont work i would tell them that You have no choice but to get the police involved... after that its there call on what route it goes....bad or not they had a choice..

take a trip to your favorite hydroponics shop and pick up a charcoal filter with a matching fan and run it as a air scrubber (just recirculating shop air) this will get rid of smells without having to deal with BS neighbor

You are in a catch 22 if you confront them first given the history and then call the cops they are going to know its you.

Next time you smell it call the FD with the smell of something burning. They will investigate the cause and may also kill two birds with one stone for you.

1) Address the fire seperation issue as to what is, or is not acceptable
    2) Contact the Cops when they find the location of the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Frank View Post
    take a trip to your favorite hydroponics shop and pick up a charcoal filter with a matching fan and run it as a air scrubber (just recirculating shop air) this will get rid of smells without having to deal with BS neighbor
    Lol, there. A hydro shop in our complex!

This is my signature

Here we go again.....

The pot smokers will be concerned that you can smell their activities, trust me.
    Go over there, find the head pot smoker, politely tell him you simply can't have any such smells at your place, it's affecting business.
    Suggest he install any type of ventilator fan to the outdoors.
    As long as he creates some negative pressure in the room, the smell will not make it to your place.

That's where you start to gauge his attitude, step 2 will depend on the response.
    Calling the cops is a pussy thing to do, and they won't do much more than talk to the guy anyways.
    Only a complete loser would rat a guy out for something that most highschool kids do before talking to the neighbour first himself..

PS>> Ask them if they are hiring.
    Last edited by AGAVE; 04-25-2012 at 01:23 PM.

I like the FD route. Prefect way of bringing up this problem through a third party.

LOL a new meterial supplier just walked in and was asking me what kind of weed I'm smoking. No **** this just happened.

This is my signature

stop being a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedo View Post
    Next time you smell it call the FD with the smell of something burning. They will investigate the cause and may also kill two birds with one stone for you.
    You can be charged for abusing the 911 system. ie calling in a fire report when it's obvious that it's a BBQ party that you didn't get invited to. The OP has posted this on line so he has admitted his knowledge of the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    I like the FD route. Prefect way of bringing up this problem through a third party.

LOL a new meterial supplier just walked in and was asking me what kind of weed I'm smoking. No **** this just happened.

This is my signature
    I think i'm going to have to investigate this myself, sounds like some good stuff.

Well by the looks of it non of you would put up with it either. To be honest I've just had enough. Next step I guess it to inform the boss to talk to them or I can do it. Then property management. I don't want to involve cops myself. That just cluster F*%KS everything and I don't think that off the bat it has to go that far. I don't want to be vengeful about it, I just want to be fair about it.
    Thanks for thoughts and opinions (as useless and immature as a small few have been). I know I got to do this properly so it won't start a campaign of woe.
    This is my signature
    Last edited by Venom01; 04-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Lol.. Try working next to a (legal) grow-op But with those guys, if it's affecting your livelihood, you might just have to call the popo on them. Try talking to them first, in a civilized manner. You can also help the situation by creating positive pressure in your unit. Just bring a whackload of air in, that way, their smoke won't be able to get in there.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Tell them the other neighbors were talking to you about calling the cops and you just wanted to give them a heads up, so they wouldn't get in any trouble with the law.
    Sleeping is my drug,
    My bed is my dealer,
    and my alarm clock
    is the police.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Lol.. Try working next to a (legal) grow-op .
    At least that would be a viable excuse!

This is my signature

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    You can be charged for abusing the 911 system. ie calling in a fire report when it's obvious that it's a BBQ party that you didn't get invited to. The OP has posted this on line so he has admitted his knowledge of the real problem.
    The suggestion was to call the FD when he smells pot smoke, not when he has the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Sorry, but this came to mind immediately after I read the first post.

Somehow, the GTAM board is bunch of experts/consultants in all kinds of trade. Amazing skill of GTAM ... LOL
    You ever watch Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? "Ask The Audience" was always right.
    There is no planet B.