Orange warning stickers on bike

Thread: Orange warning stickers on bike

Orange warning stickers on bike

What is the best way to remove those "always wear a helmet" stickers off a bike without leaving a giant mess behind? I have a flat black bike if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance,

- Randy

Re: Orange warning stickers on bike

hair dryer to make the glue weak, then peel away. follow up with goo gone
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic29682_1.gif

I was not a part of that class.

QUARTER LITRE WITH CHEESE

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy_89 View Post
    Break Fluid
    Lol I like my paint job

- Randy

+1 with goo gone! that stuff gets rid of anything! u can find it at crappy tires
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ride2rideagain View Post
    hair dryer to make the glue weak, then peel away. follow up with goo gone
    This way.
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

Blow dryer, goo gone, WD40, patience...

I nicked my tank ever so slightly removing these (my bike had three), but used the same method mentioned here: Heat tank with hair dryer, then peel slowly, then follow up with WD40. I also used some bug & tar remover followed by washing and waxing the tank afterwards, since you'll strip any wax/sealant off the tank doing the above.
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    I nicked my tank ever so slightly removing these (my bike had three), but used the same method mentioned here: Heat tank with hair dryer, then peel slowly, then follow up with WD40. I also used some bug & tar remover followed by washing and waxing the tank afterwards, since you'll strip any wax/sealant off the tank doing the above.
    Just dont use break fluid... lol

So all the above meathods will work well unless...The are from a 10+ older bike. When its older the compounds in the glue were different and age may have affected it.

My suggestion is heat with hair dryer (Or carefully with heatgun is on plastic)
    Peel showly (Use a plastic or rubber scraper to assist)
    If you have alot oif residue left over you can try goo gone (None automotive one) if that does not work they you should try an automotive adhesive remover. Like 3M or similar product. They one i used was one not recomended for plastics so be sure to tru it on a small hidden patch first. But as long as you dont soak it plastic and paint should be fine. Use a shop rag to apply it wait for 10 seconds and used a credit card or somthing similar to peel the gum. Reapply as needed.

If still have some residue you can use a dish sponge with a green scrubber on it with some of the stuff but it could leave some swirls not a problem for me since when i did it i was prepping for paint.

When you done using chemicals wash the area with waster or clean rag to ensure the nasty stuff isnt sitting on the paint. Most solvent evaporate almost instantly so it should not be a big deal.

Also dont do what i did a do it in your living room. Stuff stinks and will give everyone in your house a head ache.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

just rip it off with your nails, cleanup mess with mineral spirits, kerosene or alchohol...
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

Damn those f'ing warning labels. To hell with them. They are like puke on a painting.

This is my signature

Quote Originally Posted by ReaImDown View Post
    Lol I like my paint job
    I've used brake cleaner successfully on my front fairings to remove stickers. The fairing and paint job came out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
    just rip it off with your nails, cleanup mess with mineral spirits, kerosene or alchohol...
    +1.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by iegod View Post
    I've used brake cleaner successfully on my front fairings to remove stickers. The fairing and paint job came out just fine.
    +1
    Brake fluid to bad for the paint but you have to let it sit for a bit. If your careful you'd be fine. However I think there are better options.

This is my signature