Supermoto Parts

Thread: Supermoto Parts

Supermoto Parts

There must be a place in the gta that someone can walk into to look and buy what you need for supermoto.All I have seen is online sellers and most of the are in the US.Where do you guys do your shopping? Do you all order from US and get hit with duty and taxes?
    2010 KTM 300 XC W __________________March 22/11 Rest in peace Dad

Re: Supermoto Parts

Supermoto is having trouble keeping popular, despite the efforts of some. This has me wondering if I'm selling off the SM gear for my WR450 as I didn't use it once last year and it looks like I'll only have one opportunity this year.

Another (albeit online) store from Canada is http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/index.php

Since supermoto is so small at the moment there is minimal places that stock anything supermoto. pete @ supermoto specialites found this out the hard way trying to cater to a supermoto specific crowd. He can still special order stuff for you supermotospecialties@rogers.com
    Do your research as to what you want online and call around to local places. If that doesnt work order online from the states and ship USPS - usually avoids duty on small packages.
    Check forum for sale pages and kijiji regularly incase anything you want pops up
    I will be making up some generic axle sliders so hit me up if you want a cheap set of those....
    New Supermoto Ontario Club http://www.supermotoontario.com
    My Personal Website http://www.jerrettbellamy.com

Ive bought my wheels and brakes from Tony at Blue Streak Racing...Although he does not stock any SM parts he gets me everything I ever need, and always meets or beats online shopping prices...With no surprises at the door when delivered, tax and shipping included

OP, you are surprised that there's no store with SM specific parts? GTA is not exactly a hot bed of of sumo. Forget sumo, even motorcycles period. So few around .....

Why do you worry about being hit with duty and taxes, as long as it's cheaper than anything else you can get your hands on. It's part of the price when you order period.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    OP, you are surprised that there's no store with SM specific parts? GTA is not exactly a hot bed of of sumo. Forget sumo, even motorcycles period. So few around .....

Why do you worry about being hit with duty and taxes, as long as it's cheaper than anything else you can get your hands on. It's part of the price when you order period.
    I can get discounted parts for almost the same price as in the US,so if I have to pay duty plus tax and shipping I would rather spend my money on local suppliers and support them.Hence me asking if there are any local suppliers I could buy from,I have seen to many mom and pop shops go under recently.

Thank You

You mean discounted OEM parts, or what parts are you talking about?

I'd spend my money gladly locally as well, but except for few gaskets, it's unfortunately much cheaper elsewhere, understandably so, because again Ontario or Canada is simply no motorcycling hot bed, therefore not many well stocked shops around you can just walk into. More less so supermoto specific shops.

Anyway, getting off topic here ...

Finally! a shop that knows what they are talking about I went to buy some tires and get them mounted at Competition Cycle just ten minutes from me.I could finally talk to someone that understood what I wanted to do and the parts that I needed.Dave gave me decent prices and I will be glad to shop there from now on,this is the kind of shop im going to support 100% when I can.