Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Today's been an irritating day since the moment I woke up so thought I'd vent a bit on the straw that broke the camel's back. LinkedIn.

Goddam I hate this ******* company's solicitation policy! I've been receiving and ignoring LinkedIn invites for years. As of late though, they seem to have adopted the extremely annoying strategy of retaining the email addresses of invitees and subscribing them to a list where they are subjected to continual harrassment asking them to sign up. Without permission of course. Today, I got yet another spam mail from them and saw that I have to click a link which takes me to LinkedIn's website where I must actively unsubscribe. Why the hell should I have to unsubscribe?? For a company that puts itself out there as a tool for "professional" business people, this is very un-professional behaviour that no workplace would tolerate.

So anyway, I unsubscribed but realized that this would only be a temporary measure before I'm inevitably invited again. So I sent LinkedIn an email ranting and raving like a lunatic as I'm doing now. To their credit, someone named "Vicki" responded to me several hours later apologizing. After trying to sell their services one last time she gave me the option of blocking my email address forever from their system.

I know, boo hoo cry me a freakin river... lol like I said, I'm just in a ****** mood today. And why the hell am I getting spam to my internal office extension now!? RRRRRGGGGHHHYYYYAAAARRRRRRSMASH!!!
    Last edited by Paul; 04-24-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: language

Re: Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Kids Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868

http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/Teens/home.aspx

don't hurt yourself.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

u don't have an option to block the specific address or block specific types of email that come in?
    Resident Loudmouth

This thread should be called "white people problems"

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    Today's been an irritating day since the moment I woke up so thought I'd vent a bit on the straw that broke the camel's back. LinkedIn.

Goddam I hate this f****** company's solicitation policy! I've been receiving and ignoring LinkedIn invites for years. As of late though, they seem to have adopted the extremely annoying strategy of retaining the email addresses of invitees and subscribing them to a list where they are subjected to continual harrassment asking them to sign up. Without permission of course. Today, I got yet another spam mail from them and saw that I have to click a link which takes me to LinkedIn's website where I must actively unsubscribe. Why the hell should I have to unsubscribe?? For a company that puts itself out there as a tool for "professional" business people, this is very un-professional behaviour that no workplace would tolerate.

So anyway, I unsubscribed but realized that this would only be a temporary measure before I'm inevitably invited again. So I sent LinkedIn an email ranting and raving like a lunatic as I'm doing now. To their credit, someone named "Vicki" responded to me several hours later apologizing. After trying to sell their services one last time she gave me the option of blocking my email address forever from their system.

I know, boo hoo cry me a freakin river... lol like I said, I'm just in a $hitty mood today. And why the hell am I getting spam to my internal office extension now!? RRRRRGGGGHHHYYYYAAAARRRRRRSMASH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    This thread should be called "white people problems"
    Lololol

now if that doesn't make your day, i don't know what will.

If that's the biggest problem you've got, you don't know what a bad day is man!!

LOL I'm not white

My real problems aren't appropriate for this forum . Rocker, I'm sure I can I just felt like ranting over the principle. C'mon fellas, I know some of you would love to b**** about stupid, insignificant krapola let's hear it!

I know some of you would love to b**** about stupid, insignificant krapola let's hear it!
    I ****ing hate useless threads

I ****ing hate useless threads
    Good one... better stay out of the romper room then!

What? You asked me to rant about something stupid, trying to help out a brother from another mother

How about this...
    Supervisor overloads me with jobs that *MUST* be done today. Basically, 4 hours overtime or it's not getting done.
    Boss #1 comes in to give me super rush job that everything else must be dropped for.
    Boss #2 comes in 1 hour later, tells me to drop everything and do what he brings me immediately.
    Boss #1 returns shortly afterwards and inquires as to where is job is. Told him I was taken off it to work on Boss #2's job. Boss #1 tells me he needs his job now, and to drop #2's job.
    Lunch time.
    Supervisor asks me where the "absolute rush jobs" are that were assigned to me in the morning.
    Told her they're not getting done 'cause of the Boss jobs.
    Proceeds to freak out because it means she's going to have to stay and work a bit of overtime.
    Goes to office and complains to bosses that I'm not doing the work assigned to me.
    Bosses call me into office and proceed to reprimand me for not getting my assigned work completed.
    Tell them the story. They don't care. Need to get work done.
    Look at my department's time cards on my way past the rack. I'm the *ONLY* one in my department who's worked 8+ hours overtime each week for the past 6 weeks. Everyone else has worked a maximum of 1.5 hours overtime.
    Stay 2 hours overtime and say "****** it. I'm done."

Annoyed? To say the least.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    How about this...
    Supervisor overloads me with jobs that *MUST* be done today. Basically, 4 hours overtime or it's not getting done.
    Boss #1 comes in to give me super rush job that everything else must be dropped for.
    Boss #2 comes in 1 hour later, tells me to drop everything and do what he brings me immediately.
    Boss #1 returns shortly afterwards and inquires as to where is job is. Told him I was taken off it to work on Boss #2's job. Boss #1 tells me he needs his job now, and to drop #2's job.
    Lunch time.
    Supervisor asks me where the "absolute rush jobs" are that were assigned to me in the morning.
    Told her they're not getting done 'cause of the Boss jobs.
    Proceeds to freak out because it means she's going to have to stay and work a bit of overtime.
    Goes to office and complains to bosses that I'm not doing the work assigned to me.
    Bosses call me into office and proceed to reprimand me for not getting my assigned work completed.
    Tell them the story. They don't care. Need to get work done.
    Look at my department's time cards on my way past the rack. I'm the *ONLY* one in my department who's worked 8+ hours overtime each week for the past 6 weeks. Everyone else has worked a maximum of 1.5 hours overtime.

Annoyed? To say the least.
    Why do you have 2 bosses??
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Co-owners of company.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Exactly, u should only be responding to one superior.
    Sounds like a boat with 2 captains
    Resident Loudmouth

Ripping apart the dash on a 02 Nissan Xterra for 3 hours to get the heater core out only to realize that parts you need come tomorrow.
    Past : 06 Virago 250; 85 GSX 750; 93 GSX-R 750; 83 Nighthawk 450
    Current project : 80 CM400

Live for what you'll die for.

Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Co-owners of company.
    Ohhhh...my condolences.. Nothing worse than being pulled in two directions..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

What? You asked me to rant about something stupid, trying to help out a brother from another mother
    lol ZX I wasn't hatin' just returning a friendly jab. Guess my online humour could use some polishing... maybe I need to use more emoticons?

Sucks man. Until about 2 - 3 weeks ago, I spent the last year working ridiculous hours. If I got OT pay I wouldn't have minded so much.

I wish I got OT.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.