Kraptacular day? Vent here... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Re: Kraptacular day? Vent here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    How about this...
    Supervisor overloads me with jobs that *MUST* be done today. Basically, 4 hours overtime or it's not getting done.
    Boss #1 comes in to give me super rush job that everything else must be dropped for.
    Boss #2 comes in 1 hour later, tells me to drop everything and do what he brings me immediately.
    Boss #1 returns shortly afterwards and inquires as to where is job is. Told him I was taken off it to work on Boss #2's job. Boss #1 tells me he needs his job now, and to drop #2's job.
    Lunch time.
    Supervisor asks me where the "absolute rush jobs" are that were assigned to me in the morning.
    Told her they're not getting done 'cause of the Boss jobs.
    Proceeds to freak out because it means she's going to have to stay and work a bit of overtime.
    Goes to office and complains to bosses that I'm not doing the work assigned to me.
    Bosses call me into office and proceed to reprimand me for not getting my assigned work completed.
    Tell them the story. They don't care. Need to get work done.
    Look at my department's time cards on my way past the rack. I'm the *ONLY* one in my department who's worked 8+ hours overtime each week for the past 6 weeks. Everyone else has worked a maximum of 1.5 hours overtime.
    Stay 2 hours overtime and say "****** it. I'm done."

Annoyed? To say the least.

simple FIND A NEW JOB......Prob Fixed

Seems like too many chiefs. Not enough indians.

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    simple FIND A NEW JOB......Prob Fixed
    Found 3 new jobs. Companies ready to hire me... and then they drop the bomb on the wage.
    Unfortunately, three large printing companies have closed or done mass layoffs in my area in the past year and a bit... area is flooded with graphic designers....

Basically, you have to know how to do graphic design (full Adobe suite), web design, variable data, the list goes on.... for $15-18 per hour. My current employer pays more and has benefits. Hard to walk away from. Maybe in 2.5 years when my mortgage is done, but hard until then...
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

You are talking about Quad graphics merger resulting in plant closures?
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Why do you have 2 bosses??
    2 Boss' +1 Supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedo View Post
    2 Boss' +1 Supervisor.
    and a wife, 4 bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    Today's been an irritating day since the moment I woke up so thought I'd vent a bit on the straw that broke the camel's back. LinkedIn.
    Another thing they are doing is sending emails out looking for people and send it to people in the same office with the email addresses visable. A few have done this now. WHY the **** would you make everyones email addresses visible when you send an email to a bunch of people looking for work specially when it includes people in the same office.

How about this...
    Supervisor overloads me with jobs that *MUST* be done today. Basically, 4 hours overtime or it's not getting done.
    Boss #1 comes in to give me super rush job that everything else must be dropped for.
    Boss #2 comes in 1 hour later, tells me to drop everything and do what he brings me immediately.
    Boss #1 returns shortly afterwards and inquires as to where is job is. Told him I was taken off it to work on Boss #2's job. Boss #1 tells me he needs his job now, and to drop #2's job.
    Lunch time.
    Supervisor asks me where the "absolute rush jobs" are that were assigned to me in the morning.
    Proceeds to freak out because it means she's going to have to stay and work a bit of overtime.
    Goes to office and complains to bosses that I'm not doing the work assigned to me.
    Bosses call me into office and proceed to reprimand me for not getting my assigned work completed.
    Look at my department's time cards on my way past the rack. I'm the *ONLY* one in my department who's worked 8+ hours overtime each week for the past 6 weeks. Everyone else has worked a maximum of 1.5 hours overtime.

Two years ago there was this massive office meeting because the bosses were all doing that (supervisors and partners) and were not only confusing the employees but also not getting the right projects done in time. It was a huge finger pointing and 'stop that' session where one of the partners got the most waging. Now we have schedules and if theres a variation not only does the manager requested work has to agree to the change but also the manager for the current project must agree also. If there is no agreement we stick to our schedule. We cant get ******* for not getting everything done if we stick to the schedule so its our safety net.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

traffic on the DVP, then someone turned off the coffee machine last night...i had to wait like 20 minutes for it to warm up.

honestly, try and top that ****!

haha
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

How about this...
    Lunch time.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Solution.

Don't accept work directly from either of your bosses. If they want you to work on rush projects they need to go through your supervisor. All your work should go through your supervisor first, then everyone knows who's work is getting done and who's isn't and no one is surprised when the work they asked you to do was put on the back burner. That's your supervisor's job.

The area manager of R&D does not feed me work. The VP of engineering does not feed me work. Only my supervisor does.

Why do people have to drive 10 under on an 80km/h road and then when you pass them on the incoming late and start doing 10 over they start to tailgate you?? Did i offend you by passing you?!!!?

Better yet....single lane road and a guy doing the speed limit, road opens up to two lanes and you proceed to mildly accelerate and pass before it merges 2km later...so what does he do!? he speeds up! So now you gotta really start speeding to pass him, so you say screw it and fall back in behind him, and then the cock sucker proceeds to slow down to 10 under again!! WHY!>!?!?!?!?!? were u not loved as a child and this is your way of garnishing attention?!
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    Why do people have to drive 10 under on an 80km/h road and then when you pass them on the incoming late and start doing 10 over they start to tailgate you?? Did i offend you by passing you?!!!?

Better yet....single lane road and a guy doing the speed limit, road opens up to two lanes and you proceed to mildly accelerate and pass before it merges 2km later...so what does he do!? he speeds up! So now you gotta really start speeding to pass him, so you say screw it and fall back in behind him, and then the cock sucker proceeds to slow down to 10 under again!! WHY!>!?!?!?!?!? were u not loved as a child and this is your way of garnishing attention?!
    That's one of my pet peeves too. I think guys are just programmed to dislike being overtaken. I'm convinced it's an almost unconscious reaction for a lot of drivers. The worst are the ones who do it intentionally out of the righteous attitude that they are driving the limit and, therefore, everyone else should be content to drive behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    That's one of my pet peeves too. I think guys are just programmed to dislike being overtaken. I'm convinced it's an almost unconscious reaction for a lot of drivers. The worst are the ones who do it intentionally out of the righteous attitude that they are driving the limit and, therefore, everyone else should be content to drive behind them.
    Most of these ppl get blown by the sweet sound of my Akra exhaust. I think at 10k RPM, it pretty much gets my point across.

No baffles and shortened. Even I think its too loud
    Resident Loudmouth

my coffee is too hot so I can't drink it right away

I woke up...

- Randy

my nice coworker who used to bake goodies weekly MOVED to another department. No more awesome cookies/brownies/cupcakes