Need tire and battery advice

Thread: Need tire and battery advice

Need tire and battery advice

Hi,

So I was hoping for the best this winter and thought I could get away from not putting my trickle charger on my battery. Clearly that was not a good idea lol. So any thoughts on which battery to get, or just go to suzuki and grab one there.

Also its time to change the rear tire. Any advice on a good all around tire and where to get it? I ride a gsxr

Thanks.
    Last edited by NOcageRus; 05-04-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Re: Need tire and battery advice

go to rosey toes, one stop shop. ted has got your tire and battery all ready, call him at 416-421-2523, and don't pay dealership prices again.
    Last edited by Stewart; 04-24-2012 at 05:13 PM.

You can get a new Pilot Power rear tire for $125 CAD taxes in if you're willing to drive across the border. The battery is $50

Where's a good place in the USA to get tires? My buddy and I are willing to hop on over to save on costs, and we both need tires.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

You can get a SET of front and rear Michelin Pilot Powers for $214.95 USD taxes in, free shipping from SportBikeTrackGear.com

You will need your US Address to get the free shipping and pay no tax. Set this up with USAddressinc.com, and you only pay $5 per shipment on top of that for the real US Address.

True Gel all the way. Best battery for street every day use if you want dependable consistant starting.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    True Gel all the way. Best battery for street every day use if you want dependable consistant starting.
    Yessir! I replied here to pitch a Gel battery to you... they're amazing.
    Even the inexpensive GS (chinese) Gel batteries available to every shop - they're in the books, both Parts Canada and Motovan.
    Tires? Match the front.
    Consider replacing the front (it's probably more toasted than you think).
    Avoid "racetrack" tires - they don't work well in the cold and wet.
    Metzeler Sportec M-5 Interact is a great choice. Or even Z8...
    Then you can laugh at your buddies' poor tire mileage, heheh...
    Old Ninja, runs good.

So after watching and reading lots of reviews I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the michelin pilot power 2 CT. Thoughts anyone?

Also went to the stealership to get tire prices and then checked online to see if I could get it cheaper. I'm saving a $137.00 if I purchase them online with http://www.discountmotorcycletires.ca/. Anybody ever deal with them?

I want to save the money, who wouldn't, but I don't want to end up getting any headaches from ordering them online.

PM Donald on here:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...p?435-toastman

His user name is Toastman.

He can ship the tires to you and his prices are good.

Also his customer service is excellent.

I'm down for ordering online, but not for everything.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by NOcageRus View Post
    So after watching and reading lots of reviews I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the michelin pilot power 2 CT. Thoughts anyone?
    I've got the Power 2CT and it's a great tire. But if you want to save a few extra bucks go with the regular Power. For street use it's basically the same thing. The softer shoulder compound on the 2CT is way out on the far edges of the tire where you're unlikely to ride on the street. The rest is the same compound on both tires I believe. But if you do like to get low occasionaly or plan to use the tires on track at all the 2CT is a good choice.
    Last edited by AF4iK; 05-04-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: fixed quote

check out pete's super bike, insanely fast shipping, good tire pricing. As for what tires, it really depends on the kind of riding you do, if its just straight rides most of the time, 2CT's will do you just fine, if your getting any kind of decent lean angle on them, consider Q2's, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's, or the like.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

thanks I messaged him. Now just waiting to hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    PM Donald on here:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...p?435-toastman

His user name is Toastman.

He can ship the tires to you and his prices are good.

Also his customer service is excellent.

I'm down for ordering online, but not for everything.

Hey I just checked out petes for the 2 CT's and he beats everyones prices that I looked at so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    check out pete's super bike, insanely fast shipping, good tire pricing. As for what tires, it really depends on the kind of riding you do, if its just straight rides most of the time, 2CT's will do you just fine, if your getting any kind of decent lean angle on them, consider Q2's, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's, or the like.