Leak from under rad cap

Thread: Leak from under rad cap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Leak from under rad cap

jake, i'm down for the count. i have cancer and was close to death within a few days in march. i won't be back this year because of chemo, i need to stay alive, thanks all the same...dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    jake, i'm down for the count. i have cancer and was close to death within a few days in march. i won't be back this year because of chemo, i need to stay alive, thanks all the same...dave
    Dave, I am sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best.

I figured I might have put the cap on wrong/not tight enough so I took off the rad cap and inspected it and the rad neck for deformities and couldn't find any. Then I put the cap back on and now, to my surprise, it is leaking from the other side! Whereas before it was leaking from the right (break hand) side, it is now leaking from the left side! As soon as the engine heated-up there was basically a fluid stream dripping down from the rad cap-rad neck lip/junction. What in the world is going on?

I gave up. Brought the bike to Ted at Rosey Toes. I hope it is fixed soon.

Spoke with Ted today. He said he is "scratching his head" trying to figure it out. He tested the rad and all, he doesn't know what the problem is. Says he will take another crack at it tomorrow morning.

Ted and Kevin took out the thermostat and said the leak was now fixed, I took the bike home. As soon as I hit the 400, bam! coolant all over the place again. Errrr .

I took it back and Ted says it must be the head gaskets so now he is going to replace those. Man I am getting frustrated and wish I could afford a new bike. I don't even understand how it coul be the headgaskets since the leak is from the rad cap.

Last edited by SLaP; 04-27-2012 at 04:56 PM.