Comfort temperature

Thread: Comfort temperature

Comfort temperature

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about trying a "Full day ride " at trailtour.
    Actually I was thinking about this Saturday.
    But it's so cold!!
    I don't ride my street bike at temperatures lower than 8-10 degrees.
    But I have to take highway, when I'm riding my bike to work.
    Riding a dirt bike will be at lower speeds, but instead it will take place in the woods, and it's colder there usually.

So, my question - will I freeze this Saturday or not? (my biggest concern are hands)

Depending on your tolerance level and few other things, how cold it really is, rain or not, wind ..etc.

It doesn't matter what the temperature is (low wise), even if you are well dressed it will still get to you eventually, it is just the matter of time. If you are doing a full day ride I would suggest getting heated grips, long johns, wind breaker pants an jacket, and most importantly know your limit before you start drifting in the thought of "I should have stayed home". I had few of those moments and it wasn't pleasant.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

Re: Comfort temperature

I rode Saturday, from about 1pm till a bit after 4... Saturday, when it was 4 or 5 degrees and rain/snow.
    I wore my normal motocross gear, but switched my light under armor t-shirt for a thermal compression type under armor shirt.
    Was a bit chilly the first few minutes but once we got moving around all was good. We were doing a school so we weren't even riding that hard and stayed warm enough, and didn't notice how wet I was.

I'll be riding this weekend, all weekend and I'm not concerned about the temp.

Yes, you'll be riding slower, but you'll also be riding in a way more active fashion. You'll be fine!

You will be working waaaaaay harder riding offroad vs. street. You'll warm yourself up real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

best tip i can offer, latex gloves under your mx gloves if its wet or windy out, keep the hands dry, stops the wind

weve done full day rides in -5, as well as +5 and rainy, just make sure you have a complete set of clothes to change into, last time i forgot socks and underwear