Dog Killer - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Killer

Re: Dog Killer

Even though some dogs are annoying, they still don't deserve to die. Any dog doesn't deserve to die.
    Your children can get really annoying, would you kill them too?

This guy is a sicko.

Just waiting for PETA to attack his house.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

What a piece of work. Too bad he'll get off with a slap on the wrist. He may have been psyched if the dog was barking all the time and the owners didn't give a ****, but that still doesn't justify his actions. By the way, what's the recourse under those circumstances? I don't have a problem with any dogs (the only one living in the area is well-trained), just curious.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    No amount of barking can justify impaling someone's pet dog with a homemade spear.
    This.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

its kind of funny the turn this thread quickly took. The First few posts were people talking about annoying dogs as well, and the last few posts have this guy as Bundy.

as someone else has stated, maybe this guy just had enough of the dog, and figured he'd go end it. Of course thats wrong in our eyes, but we arent him, or living in that situation. Maybe he did try to call the cops about an annoying barking dog. the Guy is 68, what are they going to do to him, throw him in Prison ?

the dog was a known Car chaser ? how is that possible ? Shouldnt the dog be leashed ?

I bet you theres going to be another side of this story in a few days.

should the guy be punished ? absolutley. is he as evil as they make him sound. no, i dont think so.
    do you think everyone that reads this story will think more about their neighbours when their dogs bark like crazy all day long ?

yup.

Not only is it that the guy did this, but it's in the way he did it. Like right in front of the owner with a home made tool?
    That 68 year old wouldn't have made it back to his house without a trip to the hospital first.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Not only is it that the guy did this, but it's in the way he did it. Like right in front of the owner with a home made tool?
    That 68 year old wouldn't have made it back to his house without a trip to the hospital first.
    I'll play the devil's advocate here and pose a couple of questions...

1) Let's assume that the owner takes the dog outside, lets it run around chasing after cars, barking, chasing after people and whatnot, but keeps it in the house otherwise. If the guy finally snapped after 6 years of that, it's not like he had the opportunity to do it without the owner around (without committing bne)

2) Ok, now that he decided he had no other choice but to do it and do it in front of the owner, how would you have done it in his shoes? Discharging firearms within city limits is illegal (assuming he has any) and those municipal bylaws can also include bows and crossbows. Poison can kill an innocent target. What's left other than a homemade weapon?

By the way, I'm not condoning his actions, but your argument left some questions unanswered and they should be asked. While I generally disagree with braveheart almost as much as I disagree with turbo, he has a point here. If you take away the media circus, a person wouldn't just get up, decide to craft a spear and go kill a random dog without some reason and based on the story, the owner sounds like the irresponsible type (you can let your dog off the leash, but only under the following circumstances:
    1) On your property, no possibility of escaping
    2) In a park that's been designated for that
    3) In the bush

While he deserves some punishment, there are 2 sides to this story and the media circus is only showing one.

P.S. I'm a former (died of old age) dog-owner and I generally love all animals other than:
    1) Raccoons (the shovel guy should get a medal)
    2) Insects
    3) Rodents (that includes rabbits and squirrels)
    Last edited by FiReSTaRT; 04-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    How can you dislike rabbits? Whether as cute animals, pets or food? BTW rabbits and hares are not rodents.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    is he as evil as they make him sound. no, i dont think so.
    The guy killed the dog in cold blood in front of the owner. Evil may not be the right word to describe him but heartless and cruel certainly do. Your Yettiness is beginning to show, we know you don't see pet dogs as family members but most dog owners do.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

1) Let's assume that the owner takes the dog outside, lets it run around chasing after cars, barking, chasing after people and whatnot, but keeps it in the house otherwise. If the guy finally snapped after 6 years of that, it's not like he had the opportunity to do it without the owner around (without committing bne)

2) Ok, now that he decided he had no other choice but to do it and do it in front of the owner, how would you have done it in his shoes? Discharging firearms within city limits is illegal (assuming he has any) and those municipal bylaws can also include bows and crossbows. Poison can kill an innocent target. What's left other than a homemade weapon?

By the way, I'm not condoning his actions, but your argument left some questions unanswered and they should be asked. While I generally disagree with braveheart almost as much as I disagree with turbo, he has a point here. If you take away the media circus, a person wouldn't just get up, decide to craft a spear and go kill a random dog without some reason and based on the story, the owner sounds like the irresponsible type (you can let your dog off the leash, but only under the following circumstances:
    3) In the bush

While he deserves some punishment, there are 2 sides to this story and the media circus is only showing one.

P.S. I'm a former (died of old age) dog-owner and I generally love all animals other than:
    2) Insects
    The dog owners had never met the old man previously, which means that he had never spoken to the owners about any issues he may have had with dog...!?
    What's the unanswered question again?

How can you dislike rabbits? Whether as cute animals, pets or food? BTW rabbits and hares are not rodents.
    They are as far as I'm concerned.. If you had to crawl through 2km of bush in the dark taping every real or perceived nick in the wire, and then repeating the process while spreading a mix of tabasco sauce and gear oil over the wire (after the data tested to be ok, right around 3am), because those ****en rodents decided to feast on the insulation, you'd start hatin'em too.

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    The dog owners had never met the old man previously, which means that he had never spoken to the owners about any issues he may have had with dog...!?
    What's the unanswered question again?
    RMM's objections were specific - in front of the owner (what if there was no other opportunity) and with a homemade weapon (breaking more laws by using a purpose-made weapon). Just wanted to get his thoughts on that.

I think killing someone's dog in any way is horrible. It's just he did it in a very horrible way. Right in front of the owner, the animal suffered. Nobody has the right to take the life of a pet, that's a member of someone's family, but I can think of other ways that aren't as violent as this... Ive had to "finish off" an animal I've shot hunting and it bothered me to do that, knowing I caused excess suffering. To go up and stab a pet, that's a messed up mind.
    I saw in an Ontario paper a lady put her dog in care of the SPCA while she moved. She went to pick up her dog to find they put the dog down the day before. They thought she was one day late picking up her dog so instead of calling they just put the dog down. I think that's something that ssomeone should be fired over. And that was done humanely.

Very sad indeed. We had a similar case a couple weeks ago with a man here in Sarnia who beat his neighbours husky to death. Tragic for the families.

I am thankful my dogs are trained to fight back.

I am curious as to why there was not any weapons charges laid. Surely a stick with a spike on it qualifies for a weapons dangerous to the public peace charge.?

I have been around dogs my whole life and grew up with a pure bred German Shepherd and just had to put down our Golden retriever who lived a great life to 13.
    That being said it does not mean that I dont want to go two doors down and personally shut the neighbours yappy dog up permanently that they just throw outside to bark constantly or others that P and crap on the front lawn.

Unfortunately this is just ignorance on the owners part and it is not the animals fault....Most people think of their pets as their kids and for the most part its very similiar in that it is all in the way they are raised.

The point still remains if the old man can snap over a dog that is occasionally in the street what can he do to kids or other people in the area that annoy him? Sounds like a ticking time bomb to me so a simple cruelty charge will not cover this unfortunately and the charges need to be reviewed.

Everyone who knows me, knows that I love my greyhound...I would beat this man to a pulp if it were my dog, no question about it. I agree though, that some dogs are just sooo damn annoying, and don't stfu....however, this goes down to the owner, train your dogs people! Or better yet, do your research and get a dog that doesn't bark 24/7, unless you live in the country, with no neighbours.
    *~Maggie~*

No amount of barking can justify impaling someone's pet dog with a homemade spear.
    +1000+

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	28280
    Last edited by CruiserGoneSport; 04-25-2012 at 10:03 AM.

What a piece of work. Too bad he'll get off with a slap on the wrist. He may have been psyched if the dog was barking all the time and the owners didn't give a ****, but that still doesn't justify his actions. By the way, what's the recourse under those circumstances? I don't have a problem with any dogs (the only one living in the area is well-trained), just curious.
    Section 445 of the criminal code of Canada:

Injuring or endangering other animals
    • 445. (1) Every one commits an offence who, wilfully and without lawful excuse,

• (a) kills, maims, wounds, poisons or injures dogs, birds or animals that are not cattle and are kept for a lawful purpose; or
      • (b) places poison in such a position that it may easily be consumed by dogs, birds or animals that are not cattle and are kept for a lawful purpose.

• Marginal note:Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of

• (a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or
      • (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not more than eighteen months or to both.

Causing unnecessary suffering
    • 445.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who

• (a) wilfully causes or, being the owner, wilfully permits to be caused unnecessary pain, suffering or injury to an animal or a bird;
      • (b) in any manner encourages, aids or assists at the fighting or baiting of animals or birds;
      • (c) wilfully, without reasonable excuse, administers a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to a domestic animal or bird or an animal or a bird wild by nature that is kept in captivity or, being the owner of such an animal or a bird, wilfully permits a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to be administered to it;
      • (d) promotes, arranges, conducts, assists in, receives money for or takes part in any meeting, competition, exhibition, pastime, practice, display or event at or in the course of which captive birds are liberated by hand, trap, contrivance or any other means for the purpose of being shot when they are liberated; or
      • (e) being the owner, occupier or person in charge of any premises, permits the premises or any part thereof to be used for a purpose mentioned in paragraph (d).

• Marginal note:Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of

• (a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or
      • (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not more than eighteen months or to both.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

I couldn't find anything else in terms of case law or local by laws. Everything just referred back to the CC
    I'm sure there's other stuff out there in Ontario law or by-laws in York Region relating to how animals should be treated.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

We can speculate all day about the behaviour of this particular dog. It doesn't matter, because nothing short of self-defense is any reason to stab someone else's dog to death. It's pure insanity. Who the hell walks around their neighbourhood with a homemade *spear*? This man is clearly crazy, and I'd be worried about what else he's capable of doing.

I don't see how there can be any rationalization of this man's actions.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

3) In the bush

2) Insects
    Several people on this forum are either going through or have been through incidents of noisy dogs. I am one of them and if the dog died of natural causes I would be very happy. However I am not in my workshop making a spear out of old Harley spokes.

In my on going case I called animal control and they told me to talk to the neighbour.

I spoke to the neighbour in as friendly a tone as I could explaining that all I wanted was to enjoy some peace and quiet but their dog barking at all hours was bothering me. Soft voice, no profanities or threats.

The neighbour lied saying the dog did bark at night and went as far as to say it was my fault for being in my back yard. So what is my next step?

I can call animal control being very cautious about what I say. Nothing theatening or I am the bad guy.

If animal control responds and the dog isn't barking at the time they can't do anything.

My next step is to go to some civil court but I would need witnesses so I have to convince other neighbours to also take a day off work and risk retribution for their involvement. I might have to hire a lawyer to make sure I handle things in the most effective way. Costs????

In my case I have an advantage over the 68 year old guy. My neighbourhood has a few dogs but his was described as dog friendly. I assume that means most people have dogs. Regardless of the legal outcome he will likely have to move. I doubt he will get more than a fine and some form of probation.

The larger problem is the pressure of city life. I don't like uncontrolled pets but also, I don't like the one loud pipe guy in the neighbourhood. I don't like night flights out of Pearson. I don't like loud profanity at 1 AM as some partiers pass by returning from some venue. I don't like telemarketers. I don't like the neighbour that doesn't do anything about his dandelions.

I have chosen to look at the donut instead of the hole. Most of the time the neighbourhood is quiet and people get along. It's safe and convenient and the neighbours don't bug me about my oddities.

The bottom line is that if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. In other words move to a neighbourhood more in keeping with your lifestyle.

I know the legal moralists will disagree but unless you want to be a martyr it's the easiest solution.

nobbie48, video with audio is your friend. It makes for great evidence, especially as it can capture events that are clearly not provoked by your presence. A camera in an empty back yard, that records a dog that just won't shut up, is a fine example of this.

I'm currently going through a similar issue that involves neighbourhood kids, rather than dogs, but it's the same sort of thing. I've grown tired of soccer balls whanging off my back door and windows, for hours at a time, and until 11:00pm. The property manager has now been presented with video evidence of the kids (some as old as 15) kicking the ball around on my patio and against the wall under my rear window, and pictures of the trash they leave around. These are the kids from just 4 homes, who are causing issues for the entire neighbourhood.

Moving out might be the easy solution, but it frequently isn't the right solution.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde