Dog Killer

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Killer

Dog Killer

Reading this boils my blood.

Diesel was one week short of celebrating his sixth birthday when the Shetland sheepdog was brutally stabbed in the jaw allegedly by an irate neighbour.
    The dog’s family is devastated by his death that allegedly came at the hands of a man they say they’ve never met before.
    “My mom was standing across the street and talking to some neighbours and some guy came out with a wooden dowel and five-inch spike and stabbed my dog in the jaw,” said Harmony, who didn’t wish to give her last name.
    Neighbours in the 19th and Bayview Aves. area are shocked after the brown and white sheltie was stabbed to death with a shiv-on-a-stick last Friday.
    Harmony, 24, said her mother Molly was walking Diesel around 5:40 p.m. on their street — Pine Bough Manor — when a man allegedly approached her and stabbed the animal.
    “My mom tried to get him back over here and get some water for him by the hose and he keeled over and stopped,” Harmony said, recounting what her mom told her immediately following the incident. “He was yelling at mom about why she had the dog outside. He kept yelling at her after he already stabbed him. We’ve lived here for 21 years and we’ve never seen him before.”
    The dog was known chase cars and to bark at people, but was doing neither immediately prior to the spearing, she said.
    Harmony described Diesel as being very full of life.
    “He was extremely loyal and got our family through some very hard times...and he was always there for us,” she said. “Then, he was lifeless and covered in blood.”
    Neighbours who heard the screams on the street Friday rushed out to help.
    “Everyone was in tears,” neighbour Cameron Parrot said. “This is a dog community. (The man) was yelling because Diesel was barking. Diesel was a barker, but was never aggressive towards anyone.”
    A 68-year-old Richmond Hill man was arrested around 10:45 p.m. Friday, York Regional Police Const. Blair McQuillan said.
    He is charged with injuring and endangering an animal and has been released from custody. He is scheduled to appear in Newmarket court on May 25.
    Police are not releasing the suspect’s name.
    Parrot said the alleged dog-killer lives in a basement apartment down the street. He has spoken with the man previously and said he’s never shown aggression towards animals.
    Another neighbour, Michelle, said she feels uneasy living down the road from someone who would do something like this.
    “I don’t think he should be let out,” said the 28-year-old. “For someone to go up to an innocent, sweet animal...what else is he capable of?”
    Harmony declined to send a message to her dog’s slayer.
    “I can’t say it, it has swear words in it,” she said.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

Poor dog, poor owners, what an *******. However, I know dogs bark BUT I can't stand one that won't STFU. My neighbors had a huge dog that barked all day non stop! They did nothing about it but tell all the other neighbors off when anyone approached them about it. Got to admit we all did a little dance of joy when the dog died of old age.

This is my signature

Re: Dog Killer

The dog did not deserve to die, but some dogs are really annoying, simply because the owners neglected to train them. I'd say the behaviour of dogs are generally reflective of their owners, just like kids.

Ps. I'm a dog owner too.
    Resident Loudmouth

Some people make me sick...

This is true. Caesar Milan where are you...

I hope that old man trips and falls...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    The dog did not deserve to die, but some dogs are really annoying, simply because the owners neglected to train them. I'd say the behaviour of dogs are generally reflective of their owners, just like kids.

Ps. I'm a dog owner too.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Funny that they didn't release the loser's name.
    That guys life would not be too pleasant if something like that happened to my dogs.

Dogs do bark, we have one a couple houses down the street, a little yippy dog that never shuts up, and we just wish it would die already. The owners don't give a damn that it barks non stop.

We have 3 dogs at home. The only time they bark is when someone is directly in front of the house or coming up the drive way... And that's their "job" but they are quiet as soon as we say stop. The neighbor next door has a dog, but you would never know it!

Sad story. I'd better keep an eye on my dog (golden lab). I let her wander around sometimes while I'm working in the garage or having a smoke. She is super sweet and not aggressive in the least. Never barks unless someone is at the door. Still, there are neighbours (including other dog owners) who are anal as hell and even scared when I walk her without a leash. The house across the street from me has made a stink about her and for some reason they throw fast food all over their lawn (annoys all the dog owners on my street). If anyone in my neighbourhood does something crazy it will be them.

My father's dog is not a barker - he knows that scares things away, he prefers them to be within his reach lol. The article is an odd story, the attacker has either flipped his lid or is an incredibly angry old man.

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    Sad story. I'd better keep an eye on my dog (golden lab). I let her wander around sometimes while I'm working in the garage or having a smoke. She is super sweet and not aggressive in the least. Never barks unless someone is at the door. Still, there are neighbours (including other dog owners) who are anal as hell and even scared when I walk her without a leash. The house across the street from me has made a stink about her and for some reason they throw fast food all over their lawn (annoys all the dog owners on my street). If anyone in my neighbourhood does something crazy it will be them.
    WTF?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

A 68 year old man has been arrested according to the Sun. "The dog was known to chase cars and bark at people."

I don't mind the odd bark as others have posted but I 'm going through the same bark harrassment as others have posted about. I tried to talk calmly to the offending neighbour and was told by them it was my fault for being in my back yard. I'm not walking around in my back yard at 11:00 PM.

A friend went through this and ended up taking his neighbouring dog owners to court, winning his case. They were fined about $500.00 IIRC. I don't know what his legal bills were as he had a lawyer as well as a couple of witnesses. Animal control apparently can only lay charges when they witness the problems.

What some twits don't seem to realize is that at some point they may run into someone who has given up on the legal way or has nothing to lose. Apparently the old guy had enough.

I don't know how to stop the abuse of rights by uncaring people without turning Canada into a fascist state.

The sad part is that most dogs are OK if properly trained and controlled. The problem is the iresponsible owners that neither train or control their pets. I wish the bleeding hearts would recognise the truth but that doesn't sell newspapers.

BTW dogs that chase cars also chase people on motorcycles. Been there.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Funny that they didn't release the loser's name.
    That guys life would not be too pleasant if something like that happened to my dogs.

Dogs do bark, we have one a couple houses down the street, a little yippy dog that never shuts up, and we just wish it would die already. The owners don't give a damn that it barks non stop.

We have 3 dogs at home. The only time they bark is when someone is directly in front of the house or coming up the drive way... And that's their "job" but they are quiet as soon as we say stop. The neighbor next door has a dog, but you would never know it!
    I have the same thing with mine. He barks when someone is at the door or the occasional person strays too far onto the property. However; he's the worlds biggest suck.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

No amount of barking can justify impaling someone's pet dog with a homemade spear.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

What's worst is that he'll get off with no real punishment.

and this is why i hate humans, much prefer dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

This guy doesn't seem psychotic at all. Release him back into the public. yup, seems like the right thing to do.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'

People are ****ed...... i'd like to kick him in the head....Just once

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    and this is why i hate humans, much prefer dogs
    +1 at least with dogs you know where you stand, if he doesn't like you, he will let you know. That guy should be sued to the ground. There is absolutely no reason none what so ever to kill a dog that is not posing an immediate threat to your life or well being.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

i have a 20 year old cat...he doesn't bark and my neighbours all love him even tho he attacks their dogs. just the ones that bark.

Call me cruel but i'd make myself Souvlaki out of spoiled purse dogs that the owners get for decoration and don't understand that every dog needs training no matter their size.

LOL I remember I dream I had a few years ago. I was doing some residential comm work and this yippy dog was barking at me all the time, humping and scratching me. I asked the owner to do something with the dog and I got "ooooh she's just excited don't worry". Damn dog bit me while I was crimping a cable. Ended up flying across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    There was enough information on the newscasts to figure out where he lives.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    No amount of barking can justify impaling someone's pet dog with a homemade spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    What's worst is that he'll get off with no real punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1mauro View Post
    This guy doesn't seem psychotic at all. Release him back into the public. yup, seems like the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    There was enough information on the newscasts to figure out where he lives.
    I don't think anybody should go looking for the guy but if Karma could have him fall, eye first on that homemade spear... It might make everyone feel a little better.