Hi!

Thread: Hi!

Hi!

Hello everybody goodnight to all , My name is Singh i am new to riding just got my m2 last month, i currently have no motorbike so i am looking, I am thinking of Yamaha R1 or Ducati 998 or posibly a cbr 1000, i want to know what you think of these bikes, and yes iknow these are big bikes but i ride safe i have a 6 speed toyota supra so i know speed,well back to work for me bye talk to you soon, Singh

Re: Hi!

Welcome to the forum. It's all personal preference, performance wise it will make no difference to you on the street. Go for what you like the look and feel of best.

And no, I wont tell you to not learn on a litre bike. Some will, I understand why. They are not learner bikes, not forgiving. A fool on a 600 is the same as a fool on a 1000. Makes no difference. Don't be a fool, respect your bike.

Welcome Singh.
    +1 boodah519

aint no speed like 2 wheeled speed welcome!!!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Hey! Welcome to the community. I would recommend a thorough read through this post http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=35867 before you pull the trigger on a new bike. It also explains how fast car experience is not very comparable to motorcycles.

Sent from my calculator, using skills.
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!

Welcome to GTAM.

FYI there's a member here who is sometimes called turbinator who can be controversial, just so you know.

And my 2c, a Supra is no better than a Tercel in preparing you to ride a motorcycle.
    There is no planet B.

Oh and another thing, check the cost of insurance before you decide that a litre bike is for you.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. Cheers

Welcome!

And as previously mentioned, check into insurance rates before buying the ride of your dreams!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Welcome to the site !!!

Welcome and good luck on your search! You can learn on a litre bike but IMO you're likely to build confidence quicker on a more forgiving bike. Plus the insurance break.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Welcome to GTAM.

... And my 2c, a Supra is no better than a Tercel in preparing you to ride a motorcycle.
    You can't really compare 4 wheels to the thrill of two.

Enjoy your bike... what ever you decide to buy.
    Last edited by SeaBreez; 04-24-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

The reason people tell you to, as a beginner, buy a beginner motorcycle, is because they are designed for beginners.

I don't care if you've driven Formula 1 all of your life, and you hold every 4 wheeled land speed record known to man. This mean nothing as far as motorcycling is concerned.

If you are interested in insuring, and riding motorcycles, then you should start where everyone else does, at the bottom.

You don't hire a kid off the street to be your doctor, he has to go to med school first. You let any arsehole represent you in court either, usually there is a legal background involved. If you would take the time to hire the right person for those two jobs, either of which can GREATLY effect your quality of life, then why in gods name would you allow yourself, unqualified, to pilot a land rocket without proper instruction and the skills to control it?

Unless of course, you just want to spend money and stand around at a Gas station or Tim Hortons and look the part...

Ultimately you will benefit more by going through the steps and actually become a competent rider, and no one on this site can stop you from buying a Literbike, but don't say we didn't warn you.

Recommended First Bikes:
    Honda CBR125 or CBR250 or Rebel
    Kawi Ninja 250 or Ninja 500
    Suzuki DRZ400SM or SV650
    ...and there are plenty more!!!!

Welcome to GTAM! I'm going to chime in with the rest of the members regarding insurance - Not sure how old you are, or what kind of record you have - but you're just starting out with your M2 licence, and the rates for the big sport bikes could be a disaster. Please call around and check to make sure it's part of your budget. I would also recommend starting out on the 250s for the first season to build up both riding and insurance experience so that next season you can really start stepping it up.
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"

Welcome to the community. Good luck on your search.

Welcome!!

WOW more and more newbies are going for the bigger ss (crazy)...